Hey Fly Fishermen...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pick up a pack of 1/100 ounce black micro jigs at bass pro. I fished a local pond and caught bluegills, sunfish, crappie and a few small bass on them. You could also pick up some ant and beetle flies.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my fly rod out to the city pond and caught several perch and bass as long as my index finger and one a little bigger. Caught most on royal wulff when I lost it switched to a orange stimulator and caught a few more. It was really tough with the wind blowing so dang hard

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pond I'm fishing is max 2' deep. pretty mossy, so I can't use the jigs or midges.
The caddis and woulff are dry fly's, but I fish them wet. After a couple of false casts to dry them, (this all sounds good, but I'm usually whipping the water on some of the "Dry casts")
If they hit the water still dry, and float, I'll give them a little pop to get them wet. They sink really slow, so the retreive can be adjusted to how the fish like it. Sometimes they like it ripped in 12" strips, and sometimes a steady retreive works. Thats the beauty of fly fishing.....seeing what they will take.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black micro jig for the win today. Caught around 2 dozen on the flyrod, 5 were bass around 12-13". The rest were bluegills and sunfish. After that I grabbed the spinning rod and did a lap around the pond with a rubber worm, if I could see the fish I caught almost everyone, they went right after the worm. I cast close and brought it to them and when they saw it they were on it. Got 13 more bass, most were the 12-13" fish. A couple were 14". I wish I had taken some dry flies but didn't.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got up early this morning and hit the city pond. Caught about a dozen like this:

[Broken External Image]

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Photo0067.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were on the royal wulffs. Nothing else worked.(then again, that fly has always worked best at that pond, so I didn't try anything else.) I did notice that as long as the little patch I was fishing was in the shade, they bit good. As soon as the sun hit around 9am, they went to the moss.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked these up the other morning in Santa Rosa Bay near Pensacola.......

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo_2.jpg

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo_3.jpg

Nice! What did you use for the stingray?

A co-worker just got back from there, and was wading on the beach and had one of the stingrays hit him on the heel of his foot. He's a pretty tough guy, and said it was the most painful thing he has ever went through. The pain radiated from his heel through his crotch, and to the other leg. Had to be taken from the beach in an ambulance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom