High end air pistol as concealed carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBShooterOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be legal to carry a high end air pistol as concealed carry weapon with permit?

I was doing research and this is what I came across as the definition of a pistol.

Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less that sixteen (16) inches and is able to be fully concealed from detection
and view,
b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to
be able to cause lethal injury,
c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.
The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not apply to homemade or imitation
pistols, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.

As you can see from the definition above, air pistols are definitly a match to the definition. I was just wondering if anyone had any more enough they could share on this.

I know that air pistols are the not the best tactical option when defending your life. However there are air pistols that reach 2000FPS that would definitely neutralize many situations with severe bodily harm or death. I was just wodering about the legalities of using an air pistol as a concealed weapon as per the seld defense act.

Thank you for your time and please join the discussion.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no air pistols, that you can conceal, that can reach 2000FPS.

Actually, I doubt there are any air powered weapons (outside a lab) that can reach 2000FPS.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you serious?

I'm sure there are some air guns that could do some damage...but to make a conscious choice to carry one for self defense purposes, why?

BBShooterOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be a good BUG that I could leave in my car/boat and not have to worry, I could carry it while at work(when firearm is locked in my car), and it would allow me great flexability. Other than that, because I want to?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if it sounds rude, but if you think carrying a bb pistol is a serious and viable option for self defense then I don't have anything to say except Good Luck!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because you asked people to join the discussion....I joined and asked you why. You gave an answer and left no room for discussion....so good luck with your BB gun, and welcome to OSA.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the OP, do you think when you shoot someone with an air pistol and piss them off, they should be able to beat you to death with it? Cause that's most likely what's gonna happen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom