High end air pistol as concealed carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you can carry an air gun for ccw. I doubt your work would allow you to carry an air pistol at work, if they don't allow you to carry your real pistol. Hope you never find yourself in a life threatening situation with your cc air pistol. Welcome to OSA.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP, do you think when you shoot someone with an air pistol and piss them off, they should be able to beat you to death with it? Cause that's most likely what's gonna happen. :(

Hey those things are dangerous he could put someones eye out...

To the OP seriously how old are you for real? I would never ever even think about carrying an air pistol for self defense. I consider my .380 sub par and my 9mm as marginal for defensive purposes.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Im curious by this. Is there a special attachment to a particular air pistol or do you wish to avoid more lethal pistols?

Nothing wrong with training with an air pistol that has full realistic features, but relying on one to defend your life with is something I would never advise.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Op please dont take this the wrong way. I think you need to rethink your choice in cc WEAPON. The weapon you choose to carry will be the weapon you use to protect yourself and loved ones from death or great bodily harm. This is not a joke! If you need a bug gun get a real gun not a bb gun. If you draw that weapon and have to use it you are gonna be in some serious trouble, what if the threat you shoot happens to have a real firearm? At least carry a 22 over a bb gun. Not trying to insult you or argue about a bb gun being an inefficient weapon, heck I don't want to get shot by a bb gun. but take your cc responsibility seriously.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some very powerful air guns out there nowadays (light 9mm @ 900 fps) - but still not in real pistol territory; and high-end air guns tend to be single shot.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe 9mm/38spl is the bottom end....however a lot of 380's are sold....if you want something "different" get a semi-auto 22mag, with solids in it, they are easy to shoot and would give you,fast, multiple hits...I'm sure you could carry an air pistol with the cc permit.

BBShooterOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the tactical disadvanges of my choice, I would just like to know the legalities of doing so. I am not trying to upset anyone. It just comes off rude answering a question with a question. If you just want to express your tactical knowledge that is fine. I understand what I am doing and the risks that are involved.

I am just hung up and the definition of a pistol as defined by the oklahoma self defense act.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, an air pistol fits the definition (air can be defined as a gas). You might call OSBI and see what they say about the definition....

Do you have your permit now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom