hipoint .380 disassembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 9mm and you have to use a 3/8 punch and hammer. There is a great video on you tube on how to takedown these guns. I just took mine apart and it is a pain in the butt. Good luck

3/8" punch, Coach? Good Lord, what did you do to the pin? All I need is a 1/8" punch.

hwhattt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you have your answer, but for $200 you can get a good used ruger lcp and get rid of that hi point before it jams on you and you get killed by a robber because you tried to shoot him!

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not mine. If I wanted to shoot .380 I will look at the lcp. I just can't get past the whole "wuss" cartridge thing. I mean it's so small and wimpy ballistically.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as Hi Points jamming and blowing up and all that..... 99% of that is pure hogwash. Gun snobs just cannot believe an american made gun that is low priced can be any good.

Here is a comment I found in a gun forum

"Well, I guess I should keep you guys updated on my C9, 200 rounds so far no cleaning done to it, and no problems whatsoever.

I dont recommend this for the light of heart. I see the Hipoint as the AK of the pistol world, and yes coming from me that a helluva compliment.

Basically I am doing it to pi$$ off my friend who spent well over 1K on his sidearm, and he has to shoot mine while I am fixing his at the range.

Makes him very unhappy to find out its one of those "exploding" Hipoints."

And more and more gun articles are giving them favorable reviews for their functionalibility. Are they ugly and clunky? Yes, but they are also dependable as hell unless you get someone that does not know how to operate a weapon and trouble shoot minor problems like adjusting feed lips on mags.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have your answer, but for $200 you can get a good used ruger lcp and get rid of that hi point before it jams on you and you get killed by a robber because you tried to shoot him!

please direct me to the used $200 lcp's, actually disregard...pm the info, or else these schmucks will buy them before I see the link..lol

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Have you ever even held a Hi Point, are you just a typical gun snob?

I have owned 6 of them and they are actually a good gun if the owner is intellegent enough to know that if they have a problem with one it can be easily fixed 99% of the time by the user.

Fluff and buff, tweak the feed lips etc.

The rest of the time it WILL be fixed by Hi Points lifetime no questions asked warranty.

They are a little bulky to carry concealed, but I would trust my life to one sitting next to me on my bedstand.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever even held a Hi Point, are you just a typical gun snob?

I have owned 6 of them and they are actually a good gun if the owner is intellegent enough to know that if they have a problem with one it can be easily fixed 99% of the time by the user.

Fluff and buff, tweak the feed lips etc.

The rest of the time it WILL be fixed by Hi Points lifetime no questions asked warranty.

They are a little bulky to carry concealed, but I would trust my life to one sitting next to me on my bedstand.

I've also owned a couple(.45,.380,9mm) and I haven't had any problems with them...ever. I don't think I've ever had so much as a jam with any of them. I'm down to just the .380 these days but if the right deal came along I'd buy another. The 9mm camp carbine's are a kick in the butt to plink with!
Anyway, I guess the OP found the info he was looking for, I was going to suggest checking videos on the internet as well but appears I'm too late. Good luck and tell your friend to enjoy his 'point

Latest posts

Top Bottom