hog removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You and about 1000 other people on the site.:scream:

You can't believe how many times I've had people tell me they have a hog problem....covered up in them....hate them, but will not give access.:scream:

Agreed!! I ran into a farmer at a hardware store complaining about hogs tearing everthing up. I offered to shoot some and he said "no way". I offered references so he would know how courteous I am and that I would leave no trace that I was there (except for some blood!!). But he flat out refused. Drove me nuts!!!

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has to do with money. Farmers complain about the hogs and deer eating their crops and damaging land, BUT also know that they can make money off of the hogs and deer as well.

Hunting is all about the money these days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has to do with money. Farmers complain about the hogs and deer eating their crops and damaging land, BUT also know that they can make money off of the hogs and deer as well.

I've even offered to pay a trespass fee so they could make a little money. I'm a farmer, and know how tough it is these days, but they still won't budge. I guess I should be happy we don't have them around my place.....yet.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try asking if they have a coyote problem. I've had better success getting permission for that. Once you're on and the owner feels comfortable with you the hogs can come into play. Just my experience so far. Good luck!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I am pretty much going to disagree with you there. Yes, I'm sure the money may help some, but I honestly can't think of any farmer or rancher that I know of with hog problems that sells hog hunts. Nor do they let any Joe Blow come out and start shooting whatever in his pasture. Not saying that they don't exist, because they obviously do.

I think it has more to do with respect and trust than anything. His livelihood is in that pasture, be it the crops or livestock. Would you trust just anyone with a gun driving around your bread and butter? I doubt it, I sure as hell wouldn't. How about before you go beatin doors down wanting to shoot on someone's land, you get to know that person first. Take a personal interest in them and their operation, and not just for your own benefit. Earn that trust, and they may just give you the keys to the place. I've got a keyring full of keys on my turn signal that was earned doing just that. I don't, have never, and will never (hopefully), pay a dime for land to hunt. All of these ranchers I got to know first before I ever mentioned hunting, now they know me, trust me, know that I'm not going to tear anything up, and give me unlimited access of the place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom