Holy Schnikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scary stuff for sure.

The barricades that can't be seen through probably contributed to most of the failure.

That's part of getting trained for being an RO is to make sure your not blinded by stage obstacles.

Stage designers also have the responsibility to make sure the range doesn't have blind spots.

I would think the RO in this situation bears the ultimate responsibility for not making sure he walked the walls to make sure nobody was downrange since he didn't have direct observation of the entire area.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! what a terrible set up.
I am surprised that down range guy reacted only when the shooter was on top of him.. or was he ducked down taking cover??
Lucky no one died.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Safety Officer Instructor, I say that RO bears the ultimate responsibility. Yes the CoF is a tough one to run, but I've run worse. Try running 400 competitors through a fully armored 360° shoot house with 7 separate rooms, in low light no less. It requires an involate safety protocol and multiple Range/Safety Officers, but it can be done safely.

If I were that RO, that would probably be the last shooter I ever ran.

P.S. The guy downrange is a clueless idiot and has no business out there either. :(

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the video I was referring to in a previous post that Dennis and I were discussing a couple of days ago. It's an attention getter for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom