Home Made Laundry soap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I've got 6 folks in my casa, we do laundry and go through soap like water.

What's the shelf life on a mixed batch? Wonder how long before it starts to separate.....if at all?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I've got 6 folks in my casa, we do laundry and go through soap like water.

What's the shelf life on a mixed batch? Wonder how long before it starts to separate.....if at all?

It can separate. Just stir it back up before you use it. The one batch I made (just to see if I could) worked pretty good. But then again it's not like GC and I get down and roll around in the dirt like maybe the kids would.

I will admit that it didn't seem to work so well on his "work" clothes that he wears when he changes the oil in the cars. Had to use an awful lot of SprayandWash it seemed ...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will admit that it didn't seem to work so well on his "work" clothes that he wears when he changes the oil in the cars. Had to use an awful lot of SprayandWash it seemed ...

Wonder if there's something you can add as a "kicker" to increase the stain bustin' ability....worth looking into maybe.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to help my Granny make soap every Fall. I don't remember much about it, but it involved a hog and a big cast iron pot. :)

Well, I remember those days as well except it was my Mother and me...We butchered hogs every year and Mother wasted nothing, including the lard.. Even after Mother got her first automatic washer she would still use lye soap...After rendering all the lard out and removing the cracklings...she would add lye to the lard while still in the pot..I have no idea about the quanities of each but it was just rendered lard and lye..After it cooled off completely she would cut it in big blocks and use it all winter until the next butchering..Brings back a lot of memories.........Viking......

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I remember those days as well except it was my Mother and me...We butchered hogs every year and Mother wasted nothing, including the lard.. Even after Mother got her first automatic washer she would still use lye soap...After rendering all the lard out and removing the cracklings...she would add lye to the lard while still in the pot..I have no idea about the quanities of each but it was just rendered lard and lye..After it cooled off completely she would cut it in big blocks and use it all winter until the next butchering..Brings back a lot of memories.........Viking......

Yeah! Kids today just don't know what they've missed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom