How about a Oldies Rimfire photo/whatcha got thread? Here is one of mine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first thread above, the "sticky" one has some nice newer Rim Fires in it, so how about an Oldie but Goodie Thread? Show us our Old Ones that you have and like!!

Here is one of mine. Savage Arms Corp 1936 Model 5 22, bolt action, tube fed. Shoots all three S, L and LR's. I have another Savage Arms Corp-Model 5 1947year that I have used for many years hunting Rabbits and Squirrles with. Its duty is standing guard at the back door too!

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mossberg 340KC,,,

www.aarondgraham.com_pics_340_KC_1.jpg

I inherited it from my best friends estate,,,
This is the rifle she used in her High School Rifle Team,,,
I have no idea of the true age of the rifle but she graduated in 1969.

I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it,,,
Using very old Remington mil-surp LRN .22 rounds,,,
A sharpshooter friend of mine made a 1.25" group at 100 yards.

Aarond

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking rifle. Looks to be a Peep Sight on the rear of the Mosseburg huh? Wonder how old it actually is?

I am working on two old Stevens Savage Model 15A's right now. They are single shots and neat little rifles to teach with.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to take some pics of our Remington 514's...they are only from the 1940's but one was my first gun and means the world to me.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the old Remingtons as well. I lost my all time Favorite 22 in a house fire. It was a 1963 Remington 542 Speedmaster. My fault that it was not in my Safe.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my Remington Mod 41 Targetmaster. I almost sold it two years ago until I found out how accurate it was. I learned how to shoot on one that was my grandpas.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_08_e9e7y3es.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my Remington Mod 41 Targetmaster. I almost sold it two years ago until I found out how accurate it was. I learned how to shoot on one that was my grandpas.

Nice! Wonder what year it is? I just have a "like" for old 22 rifles. I really like to see the expression on kids faces when shooting them for the first time and the look of the kids faces when you give em one!!!!!!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Serial Number is 245,XXX so that puts it at or close to the last year of production 1939.

I wanted to teach kids with it but was concerned about them letting go of the hammer while pulling it back. After some testing, I don't think it will fire unless pulled all the way back and trigger engaged.

A time or two, I've thought about dropping it off at Dustin's for a thread job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom