How Army Artillery Soldiers Train to Fire $4.3 Million Howitzers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really found this video interesting. There was one civilian instructor in the video wearing a blue shirt. I wondered just how much the Army uses civilian instructors.

Cool video about the cannon cockers!
After Active duty, I served in the Army reserves for two hitches as a drill sergeant. Three summer camps were spent at Ft Sill.
There was always live fire during the day, but rarely at night. At the time I had a Honda Goldwing and loved to ride the back ranges at night. Always cool and got my head smoothed out for the next day of training.
Evidently, they must have seen me coming, but a round went off right when in front of the gun which was elevated over the top of me. I'm sure the crew had a big laugh, but the muzzle blast and unexpected noise just about made me lay the bike down.
Turned around and GTF out of there!
Later on, went to the Wildlife reserve to help buddies that drew elk tags.
We had to stop at barricades several times as low flying jets came across the road on some gun runs, we assumed as they were less than 500' off the ground. Too low for bombs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom