How hard is it to build an AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i drive the roll pin threw the trigger guard before i install it , makes easier the 2nd time, dont like how hard i have to hit it first time driving it in on the receiver, saw one on here with broken ear,
Driving a roll pin through the trigger guard without the trigger guard between the ears is really risky, that's how the broken ears happen. If you support the bottom and put the trigger guard in, you can hit it very very hard without any risk at all of broken ears.

Alternatively, you can get this: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1237

Which is a magpul aluminum trigger guard that has been modified by rainier to use two screws instead of a roll pin. You pay an extra $10, which may not be worth it to some. I got mine in last night actually and installed it in about 30 seconds. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, and I've installed more than a few trigger guard roll pins without issue.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should be able to build an AR-15 for around $600 .......

yea that was my plan at first. then i got in to it and started to get a few parts here and there. then i thought, oh man that would be cool, or that would look better, and the dollar signs just kept spinnin! lol. it can definitely be done, but u can easily get carried away. like i said that was my plan, to keep it near $600 and i ended up closer to $1000. hahaha.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck keeping the price tag at the $600 mark. Those damned little evil black rifles are like money sponges. A new quad here, a match trigger there, oh, that stocks cool... They get expensive. My wife says I have a problem... Even tho she is the one with 100 pairs of shoes. Go figure.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the trigger guard is the little aluminum strip with hole in one end & detent in other end , drive the pin through it & out the other side before u in stall it, i knew some one would misunderstand

Latest posts

Top Bottom