How many of you old cranks remember?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this might be a tighter race.

IMG_9787.jpeg

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Former WWII German concentration camp prisoners. Both of them still carried the numbers on their arms they got in the camps. Their son Michael has written a book about their time in the camps.
They were hard working folks living the American Dream.
If I remember correctly, Abraham Hanson and Majir Kornblit. Spelling is likely wrong. Still have the pickup they gave Dad upon his retirement.

Targetshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Abraham Hanson and Majir Kornblit. Spelling is likely wrong. Still have the pickup they gave Dad upon his retirement.
Back in the day, we had the Kornblits speak to the history classes about their experiences in the auditorium. Other times, we had Jake McNiece come in and do the same. Because of the enrollment and the size of the auditorium, we had to split the school and have two programs back to back. We had many kids sit through the first program, skip class, and sit through it a second time. Never any discipline issues.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day, we had the Kornblits speak to the history classes about their experiences in the auditorium. Other times, we had Jake McNiece come in and do the same. Because of the enrollment and the size of the auditorium, we had to split the school and have two programs back to back. We had many kids sit through the first program, skip class, and sit through it a second time. Never any discipline issues.
Ol Jake was quite the character. My Uncle was Commander of the local VFW for years with Jake the Vice Commander. After I joined, I got the honor to talk to Jake several times.

Targetshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Ol Jake was quite the character. My Uncle was Commander of the local VFW for years with Jake the Vice Commander. After I joined, I got the honor to talk to Jake several times.
Jake and I were on the Personnel committee for the city years ago. That is where I really got to know him. As colorful as he was back in his prime, his kids were the best behaved and respectful as any you could find. Hugh was quite a football player too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom