How many still have your first firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@2busy thats sharp looking. I picked mine up at a pawn shop, or should I say, I rescued mine from a pawn shop. Poor rifle bad been badly abused. So bad that when I got it home and disassembled I found it had electrician’s tape holding the internals together. Had a custom, oversized (.003 over) action screw made and stripped the stock making it a blonde. She’s up and running just fine now and fun to think I was able to bring it back to life.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I did. I had a biological father who would gift then take. Found out when I became an adult, he was a gambler.

I remember the gun though. 22 Chipmunk that only fired 22 shorts. I bet I put a few billon rounds through that thing on the farm.

"We" still have the first gun I bought for my son though. Hoping I can convince him to keep it forever. He's 16 and looses interest all the time, but circles back to ringing steel every once in awhile.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first firearm was a Savage 110 in 243 I was gifted for Christmas. Still have it. It’s also still the most accurate rifle I own. First firearm I bought for myself was a Marlin 22. I actually gave it away and it came back to me. I don’t plan on letting it go again.
110 probably my favorite rifle ever!!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@2busy thats sharp looking. I picked mine up at a pawn shop, or should I say, I rescued mine from a pawn shop. Poor rifle bad been badly abused. So bad that when I got it home and disassembled I found it had electrician’s tape holding the internals together. Had a custom, oversized (.003 over) action screw made and stripped the stock making it a blonde. She’s up and running just fine now and fun to think I was able to bring it back to life.
I've got a blonde one also. I think my dad had to do a little work on it too.
IMG_20230408_193807347.jpg

Came up with a model 14 1/2 you don't see very often.
IMG_20230408_193644162.jpg
IMG_20230408_193654563.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was 8 yrs old i wanted a 410 shotgun to use squirrel and rabbit hunting. Dad told me I could have one if I worked and payed for it myself. Worked doing odd jobs till I had enough money to buy one at a pawn shop. I was 9 yrs old by the time of purchase, I still have it. I plan on refinishing, reblueing it and giving it to my youngest grandson in a couple years when he is 9 yrs old.
Thinking back I worked and bought every gun I own up until after I married. My wife has bought me many.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gave mine to my nephew (technically it's still in the family) --- Stevens 311 .410 SXS. Loved that gun! First pistol was a Browning Buckmark .22LR. Still have it. Has the butteriest trigger of anything I've owned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom