How much is my 1969 Russian AK-47 worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah all the rich guys here are tightwads who just like to brag but won't pony up :) :) lol

like harry said, the stuff over $2,500-$3,000 just doesn't move. now you *can* move that amount of firearms, it just better be glocks, ar's, colt and/or s&w revolvers.

this site is for buying imo. as much as i hate armslist or gunjoker, they are better for selling. just how it is.

you also should realize that sites like gunbroker and sites like truegunvalue that draw data from it among others, take in a national market.

what is a "bad" deal here for someone living in say Gotebo, might not be a bad deal for someone living in say Pittsburgh.

we live in a state that has a lot of guns, people have lots of guns, if you are looking for literal holy relics you can find them.

if i had the money there are legit three absolute DREAM guns on this site i would buy RIGHT NOW. i might move an item or two and buy at least one anyway.

but like harry bear said, "having the money" is also a time of year thing. you have oil guys in this site too, and they can make a lot when things are rolling and have lots of cash dumps at once. you have contractors and business owners who fit the same bill.

that being said, we know we can turn to a site like this and drive some miles around the state and FIND that dream gun to purchase. that's simply not the case for some people in some states, especially blue states where FTF sales aren't really a thing and you are subject to other means (like gunbroker).

these people pay $75 FFL fees. these people pay way more for guns than we do. just how it is. if you look at where a lot of the high dollar guns are being sold *from* versus where they are being sold *to* on gunbroker, it tells the tale.

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
WIth Rusty trying to sell his $8k AK for the past 3 years, yours is a bargain.
it's "worth" that too, just not to anyone here. in fact, it's one of the aforementioned "dream guns" i was talking about.

the PTR gets me more than the polytech. at least the polytech is rare and if the whale is out there and they see it, it's a deal.

the ptr is just a ptr. there's absolutely nothing special about that in any way. it's a gun that's still in production, you can get that exact one if you want from a variety of sources. you can get older ones too, the g3 mags are still $5, i don't get it. i just don't get it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to own nice toys but I personally would never pay 3k or 8k for an AK , I did pay over 2k for a Colt Sauer which is pretty darn pristine but honestly paying that kinda money for any sort of black rifle would be iffy at best simply because those kinds of guns are utility guns for me at best not good quality nice rifles . YMMV

the only thing I am remorseful of is having owned Polytech AK's back when they were $299 new in the box makes me wish I had hung on to a couple of em . I recently sold my last SKS which was new in the box unfired for what I thought was dumb money given the fact those things were less than $100 way back when .

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I like to own nice toys but I personally would never pay 3k or 8k for an AK , I did pay over 2k for a Colt Sauer which is pretty darn pristine but honestly paying that kinda money for any sort of black rifle would be iffy at best simply because those kinds of guns are utility guns for me at best not good quality nice rifles . YMMV

the only thing I am remorseful of is having owned Polytech AK's back when they were $299 new in the box makes me wish I had hung on to a couple of em . I recently sold my last SKS which was new in the box unfired for what I thought was dumb money given the fact those things were less than $100 way back when .
i had so many saigas i def sold off and/or traded them for things that i could have gotten like four of in today's value. eh, it happens. didn't sell 'em all off, never do. that's the secret, never sell.

if you do, sell something you have three or four of. and sell one. maybe. rolling with the 401(g) is just like any investment, in hindsight it's easy to say "well you dummy why didn't you do this". the nice thing is, no matter what you hold firearms and ammo, and that's worth whatever you value it at the bare minimum. i value that a lot more than some things like saaaayyy crypto or trump nfts lol.

even if "the gun market" completely crashed and somehow my collection and all the accessories and ammo and little gadgets and gizmos were literally worthless, they just aren't because at the end of the day i still appreciate them and their value intrinsically in both form and function.

meanwhile you can just copy paste those trump nfts. and then pay someone like me to photoshop them into whatever you really want lol. (MAN FOR REAL THO WHO IS GETTING THESE GIGS AND WHERE ARE THEY APPLYING, THIS KIND OF CRAP IS WHY ONLINE CENSORSHIP IS BS CUZ I HAD MEMES ALL OVER T_D BEFORE THEY JUST BANNED EVERYONE)

Last edited:

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The link below is pretty close to yours as far as I can tell. Like others mentioned above, now is not the time to be selling high dollar items. 22's and single shot shotguns are hot items for gifts but not AK's built from mostly Russian parts. Wait till tax refund season, and it'll find a new home.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/960227950

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That's because they ain't rich anymore , and spent all that Walter Mitty money on the other cool fantasy guns they were lusting after ...
that's the key, have enough of a supply that a dream gun or two is only a few of your "i like this but honestly haven't shot it and could buy it again if i wanted" guns away.....

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The link below is pretty close to yours as far as I can tell. Like others mentioned above, now is not the time to be selling high dollar items. 22's and single shot shotguns are hot items for gifts but not AK's built from mostly Russian parts. Wait till tax refund season, and it'll find a new home.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/960227950
yeah holiday season guns like heritage revolvers and cricket youth rifles, henry youth carbines, 10/22's, etc fly off the shelf while high dollar guns are waiting for tax season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom