How much would it cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TANSTAAFL it is a 1971 Chevy C10 pickup.
Not too familiar with vintage PU's, I do know those are in high demand (a nice looking Pickup btw, great lines!) Most I've seen have been restomodded, so I really don't know. I'd look around, see what they are going for in excellent condition restored, modded and barn find. After that make a decision. If I had to make a guess right here and now, I'd keep the motor, transmission and store it carefully and get crate motor transmission combo and restore it. The original motor may have value when it comes time to sell or if passed on to an heir. I did see a 1970 or 71 long bed Chevy with a 454 at Bob Moore about 10 years back, a survivor. They wanted a ridiculous price for it.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too familiar with vintage PU's, I do know those are in high demand (a nice looking Pickup btw, great lines!) Most I've seen have been restomodded, so I really don't know. I'd look around, see what they are going for in excellent condition restored, modded and barn find. After that make a decision. If I had to make a guess right here and now, I'd keep the motor, transmission and store it carefully and get crate motor transmission combo and restore it. The original motor may have value when it comes time to sell or if passed on to an heir. I did see a 1970 or 71 long bed Chevy with a 454 at Bob Moore about 10 years back, a survivor. They wanted a ridiculous price for it.
Ill be doing a “restomod” of sorts. I want to keep it as original as I can, BUT I want to have it painted, and-capable of doing a really nice burnout! I dont want computers. I dont want electronics. I want old school hot rod.
IMG_3835.jpeg
IMG_3832.jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ill be doing a “restomod” of sorts. I want to keep it as original as I can, BUT I want to have it painted, and-capable of doing a really nice burnout! I dont want computers. I dont want electronics. I want old school hot rod.
View attachment 518399View attachment 518400
That's nice. I'd keep it that color. Keep the 350 callouts and drop a "4 fitty 4" in it with a Turbo 400 if your budget permits. Otherwise a "3 fitty" 4 barrel could motivate it quite well. You could do a Farm Truck tribute as well...

In all seriousness though, Id keep the color. The fact it is a Chevy does give you many options for the same motor, a bigger one, or a newer one. I'd be very tempted to get a quality rebuild on the engine and trans for simplicity, maybe a bit hotter camshaft and a 4 bbl carb. Those wheels and hub caps are awesome as well. That's my opinion. I think there are many great suggestions here. I like old school stuff. Think there are many out there who would like a nice old school pickup. You can put 10's of thousands into this and never recover it.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's nice. I'd keep it that color. Keep the 350 callouts and drop a "4 fitty 4" in it with a Turbo 400 if your budget permits. Otherwise a "3 fitty" 4 barrel could motivate it quite well. You could do a Farm Truck tribute as well...

In all seriousness though, Id keep the color. The fact it is a Chevy does give you many options for the same motor, a bigger one, or a newer one. I'd be very tempted to get a quality rebuild on the engine and trans for simplicity, maybe a bit hotter camshaft and a 4 bbl carb. Those wheels and hub caps are awesome as well. That's my opinion. I think there are many great suggestions here. I like old school stuff. Think there are many out there who would like a nice old school pickup. You can put 10's of thousands into this and never recover it.
I am going to try my best to keep the color. I have a couple of panels that need new patches. Then Ill spray over them with gray paint or primer. I really want her looking like an old, tired farm truck till I have a step on the gas! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom