how to find the name and number of a land owner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is in Oklahoma County you can go to the County assessor web site and search till you find it..

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/GIS_Disclaimer.htm

Other counties MAY have searchable databases online. Others on here may know.

Last resort might be a trip to the county courthouse in the county and search their records..

Most counties do, but some of them are really hard to navigate. I haven't actually had to search all 77 counties, so I am not sure but there was talk several years ago about requiring all counties to go online. You are right though, depending on the site it is sometimes easier to just go to the courthouse and do a manual search.

If I was just looking for one property I would try all the other suggestions here before I forked over $45 for the plat map.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plat book is the way to go, that way you can find out who owns that piece of land AND every other piece of land in the county. It is one of my most used pieces of information. If that doesn't work, you can stalk the gate. I've met some really nice ol farmers and ranchers catching them as they were coming in or out to feed. You can tell a lot about someone face to face with a hand shake, a lot more than a phone call from someone you've never met. It is easier for them to say no to a random phone call as opposed to someone face to face that reminds them of theirself when they were young. Plat book is a good start, just go meet them and look them in the eye when you ask for permission.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on County Plat maps.
Just be ready for the $45 to purchase(unless they have gone up).

Pretty expensive if you get the whole county, but around here if one knows the part of the county they are interested in, the clerk will make a 8 1/2
x11 copy of it for $2.
At least that is in Kay and Grant counties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom