HR 2613: Citizens Protection Act...Looks like John Sullivan is not supporting it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it may be good to have term limits on our politicians, since a long stay in dc may isolate them from their constituents and make them tempted to appeal to lobbyists, indulge in washington-think etc.
hence, a primarying of an existing congressman who has served many terms and who is not completely conservative would be desirable, IMHO.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unbelievable. How dumb does he think his constituents are? Does he really think that a letter like that, which states basically all the populist rhetoric on that issue from both sides, without expressing any opinion on it, would satisfy a constituent who is interested enough to write him specifically on that issue? Does he think such answers make him look like anything other than a typical politician who will say anything and defy any principle to stay elected?

I don't know what to make of Bridenstine. I do really like how he states support for the non-delegation doctrine (an issue almost nobody is even aware of, much less talks about, but which is very important), but he states implicit support for Prohibition, and doesn't state a clear philosophy on the proper role of government. I usually look for stronger principles before I support someone.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congressman Sullivan said:
In my view, there are many good and legal reasons to own a firearm.

We don't need a reason; legal, good or or otherwise. We have the RKBA, it's protected by the Second Amendment, government can't touch it, ergo, we never need a reason.

The only time a reason will present itself is when circumstances create the need. When that happens, you'll be glad you exercised the right.

Woody

P.S. I LOVE that auto-save feature! It just paid off!

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He sure did a great job of typing a long letter and saying NOTHING!!! Typical politician. You are probably right, in that he will not support the bill.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sullivan supported the Obama debt Ceiling increase.
Now, there is HR2613, that will remove the illegality that US citizens face now, if we carry a gun in another state, and approach a school zone (1000feet). This is even if we are allowed to carry in that state because of reciprocity laws. So in other words, to adhere to the current federal law, you have to navigate through this other state, like say Texas, so you never approach a school zone within a 1000 feet, or else you are technically in non-compliance.

I got this letter from congressman Sullivan. Think he is not going to support this bill that will support legal CCw holders. One more reason to replace him, hopefully through primarying him.

----------Letter follows_______-
Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding H.R. 2613, the Citizens Protection Act of 2011. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, H.R. 2613 seeks to repeal the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990 to remove federal statutes prohibiting the possession of firearms in school zones. All federal legislation addressing the sale, ownership or possession of firearms must be carefully considered to ensure that it does not infringe on our Second amendment rights and serve the best interest of public safety.

I firmly believe the Second amendment prohibits the federal government from denying citizens the right to bear arms. Many citizens choose to own a firearm for a variety of reasons, including protection from criminals who will always have access to firearms illegally. In my view, there are many good and legal reasons to own a firearm.

Additionally, as a father of four children, I believe that the safety of students in our schools should be a top priority. I am committed to upholding the Second Amendment and will watch all legislation closely that affects legal, law abiding citizens who own guns. H.R. 2613 has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee for further legislative consideration. Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this bill come before me on the House floor.

Again, thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on this important issue. It is an honor to serve you in Washington and Oklahoma. If you would like more information on issues, or would like to share your thoughts with me via e-mail, you may visit my website at http://sullivan.house.gov/. Please do not hesitate to contact me again should you have further concerns on federal legislation or programs.
Sincerely,

John Sullivan
Member of Congress
I'm supporting bridenstine for the primary on June 26th. Incumbent Mr. Sullivan seems very establishment RINO to me.
Time to clean house of establishment republicans who talk a good conservative game to the unwashed masses back home and then go do what their elite masters tell 'em in DC.
Just my 2 cents.
:)

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, to recap Sullivan's position:

www.recipekey.com_images_browse_pictures_waffle_recipes.jpg

Does that about sum it up? Perhaps he should turn in his NRA membership for one of these instead?

[Broken External Image]

Yep, I'm voting for Bridenstine. He may turn out no better, but at least we'll be sending a message. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom