HR127 this is what they are trying to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SCOTUS is 6-3

Might have to suffer a few months, but it'll never hold up.

Unless they add 6 jurors to the court. That's a different thread.
It is NOT 6-3. And our three new justices are wishy washy at best. I don’t expect the scotus to take up any 2A cases. I don’t understand why some of y’all put your faith in them.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They'll keep pushing crap like this, and the Republicans with "compromise" and swallow every inch of a "less restrictive" bill then claim they are preserving the 2A.

I betcha.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is NOT 6-3. And our three new justices are wishy washy at best. I don’t expect the scotus to take up any 2A cases. I don’t understand why some of y’all put your faith in them.

Yeah, it is, and you insisting that it ain't, ain't gonna make it so.

Kavanaugh and Gorsuch are not wishy washy on 2A. Not even close. I don't know about the chick, but from what I've read about her, I don't think she's gonna be wishy washy either. Just because they didn't do exactly like your non lawyer mind thought they should doesn't make it so. Thomas, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Alito have issued explicit dissents that affirm their desire to hear other 2A cases to make sure the lower courts are properly interpreting the 2A. The only time I can recall Roberts not siding with the conservative side on a 2A issue, his dissent didn't have anything to do with the 2A. The issue became moot because the law in question was changed. The SCOTUS does not hear moot cases.

They'll keep pushing crap like this, and the Republicans with "compromise" and swallow every inch of a "less restrictive" bill then claim they are preserving the 2A.

I betcha.

How much?

While that bill, on it's face is pretty scary, I'm more worried about a moon rock becoming dislodged from it's surface and falling and hitting me on the head.

That crap ain't never gonna fly. I don't worry about things that aren't likely to happen.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much?

While that bill, on it's face is pretty scary, I'm more worried about a moon rock becoming dislodged from it's surface and falling and hitting me on the head.

That crap ain't never gonna fly. I don't worry about things that aren't likely to happen.

Is the bet that the Republicans agree to some gun restriction in a bill?

I know 127 ain't gonna pass, and the nut that had someone literate draft it for her knows it, too. The danger is that they'll openly declare this "unconstitutional", pander to the base, then agree to some other, less obvious crap. You really want to bet they don't?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the bet that the Republicans agree to some gun restriction in a bill?

I know 127 ain't gonna pass, and the nut that had someone literate draft it for her knows it, too. The danger is that they'll openly declare this "unconstitutional", pander to the base, then agree to some other, less obvious crap. You really want to bet they don't?

Yes, I don't think the current batch of looney Trump Republicans and the majority of GOP members in either chamber will allow for expanded gun control. The danger is the simple majority in the House and the possible loss of the filibuster in the Senate. Until the filibuster in the Senate has died, I don't believe you'll be seeing much gun control come out of the legislature. Executive orders from President Dementia is another thing though. We're going to have to depend on the SCOTUS to protect all of us from unconstitutional laws. But, ain't that the way it's supposed to work anyhow?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I don't think the current batch of looney Trump Republicans and the majority of GOP members in either chamber will allow for expanded gun control. The danger is the simple majority in the House and the possible loss of the filibuster in the Senate. Until the filibuster in the Senate has died, I don't believe you'll be seeing much gun control come out of the legislature. Executive orders from President Dementia is another thing though. We're going to have to depend on the SCOTUS to protect all of us from unconstitutional laws. But, ain't that the way it's supposed to work anyhow?

How much is too much? I'm confident that the Rs won't write it, they'll just compromise when it's added to a bill protecting oil companies or reducing the minimum wage.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People keep saying this won’t ever happen but it will eventually. The fact that this kind of crap is allowed to happen should show people just how much we have allowed the government to grow tyrannical. They should be removed from office immediately for this.

WTAF?

You can't prevent idiots from introducing idiotic dumass bills as long as they are properly elected to whatever legislative seat they hold.

Some dumshit in OK just introduced a bill for a hunting season on Bigfoot? Idiots are gonna idiot.

127 is as unconstitutional as anything I've ever read, and it's going to be dead on arrival.

It will never make it to the floor.

Worry about something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom