Hudiberg car dealerships in OKC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a report on ABC's The Lookout, about how Hudiberg in OKC is scamming customers by using a yo-yo method. Great undercover report.

I've tried to find a link but not successful at this time.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really blame the car dealerships. Consumers share at leaset some responsibility. Besides, the salesmen are just as liable to fall for their own tricks as the buyer is. I don't know how many times I've yo-yo'd a salesman (I didn't know it had a name until now). Take a car for a weekend, after talking about a tentative deal, and then return it saying you've changed your mind, that its just too expensive. Then sit back and watch the price come down another thousand dollars. As a consumer, you are in control. You decide whether to buy or not, for how much, and from what dealer. Use that power people!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't find ABC's page for "The Lookout." Did last night's show solely target Hudiberg in OKC, or was the dealership one of a number of dealerships around the country investigated in the piece? More and more, I'm getting the impression Hudiberg is one of the worst dealerships around.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know it had a name, but I had that happen to me several years ago at Smicklas Chevy up on May when it was still there.

I had discussed with my credit union prior to shopping and found out what my interest rate would be from them, and what my payment would be on X dollars. Then I went shopping, found something that fit my budget with my down payment and what I wanted to spend on a monthly payment. As usual when I buy cars, they pretended to be pissed, but sold me the car at my price. It was Saturday, and they wanted me in the car and wanted to finance me. I declined and said I'd be back on Monday with a check because they had a higher interest rate than my credit union. They said they'd match the interest rate. So, I did the deal.

The following Friday they called and said my deal had fallen thru due to my credit and I needed to come in and resign new papers, at a higher interest rate, and give them another $1000 down. My credit is flawless, always has been. Not a single ding. Ever from anyone. I called my credit union, the loan lady chewed me out a little for financing thru a dealership, told me again my credit was perfect, and they were just jacking with me, and told me to come get a check. I went down to get the check, but by then I was pissed and told her I was gonna drive it back over there and tell them to shove it right up their ass. She told me if I wanted to do that I could but I should try to get a better deal, and if I did, I could just write them a personal check, and she would cover it, and then set up the loan.

When I walked into the finance office they had all the paper work ready for me to sign. I told him he could shove it, right after he shoved the car, and tossed the keys on his desk, told him to write me a check back for my down payment, right now.

I eventually bought the car, but not only did I not have to pay anymore down, they wrote me the check back for what I had paid them down, and knocked another $1500 over that off the car before it was over. I was talking with someone named Smicklas before it was done. You'd be surprised how much better the deal can get when you're walking out with a check from them. I still got the car at my price, they knocked of $1500 more, and I deposited their check in my account. Rotten bastards. I should have stuck with my original plan and left with their check and let them keep the car.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been Yo-Yo'd before. They called me 2-3 days later, said financing didn't go through. I said, "Oh, but it did" and they tried to convince me otherwise. I told them, "Well, you know where the car's at if you want to come get it." and wouldn't you know, my financing WAS approved.

That was the first and last time I ever walked into a dealership without having my own financing lined up and pre-approved.

Lesson learned.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta brag on my wife, when it comes to money, inerest, financing, excellent credit score, she is the best. She can show Dave Ramsey how to make and save money!!

I love to watch her deal with car salesmen....poor guys. My 5'4" wife is 10' tall and bullet proof at a car dealership.

1st. She tells them she wants X car, shows them credit reports she has obtained, tells them NOT to pull a credit report on her..she has them in her hand and gives them to the salesman. If he pulls the credit report..it loses one point for every time it's pulled. She'll have a tooth pulled before she loses one point on credit...she's that (insane) protective.

2nd.She knows how much the car should cost..not what the salesman tells her what the payment is, but the cost..she can figure in the interest and payments in her head. Don't play the fu € king game of getting the sales manager. Don't fu € k with her..she wants to buy a car today and if they can't or won't sell one, there's a million other swinging di € ks who will. Trust me..that's how she talks to car salesmen!!

3rd. If she feels in anyway like she's being played, she's gone. If they call the house she tells them if they call again, she'll call the district attorney about harassment.

I've mentioned to her a few times that we can put down half the price of the car. She looks at me like I have cat sh! t rubbed all over my face.
She likes low to no interst money to work for her. Her motto: "It's not how much you can make, but how much you can save".

If they played that "yo-yo"b.s. with her...Lord have mercy on that person. She'd haul azz to the nearest walmart, buy the cheapest aluminum basball bat and start swinging for the outfield!!!

Inerest is a bad word to her unless it's working in her favor.

Side note:about 15 years ago when we were first married she showed her stuff to a credit card manager.
She looked at the credit card bill and saw we were paying 6-8% interest...OH HELL NO!!!

She calls the credit card company and tells the person on the phone that she wants to talk to the head man..not a flunky..but the big manager. The so called manager gets on the phone and she cuts into him about how the 6-8% interest is breaking her b@lls!!

She's been a customer with them for a few years and they'll lower the interst to 1-3% or she'll cut up the card and find a better deal...breaking her b@lls, breaking her b@lls. Well, in about 25 minutes she had them to 2% on our credit card..locked in..letter confirmed..permanent deal. That was back in 1997 or 98. She's a wheeler/dealer...let me tell you what!!

Except at the blackjack tables!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom