Hudiberg car dealerships in OKC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really blame the car dealerships. Consumers share at leaset some responsibility. Besides, the salesmen are just as liable to fall for their own tricks as the buyer is. I don't know how many times I've yo-yo'd a salesman (I didn't know it had a name until now). Take a car for a weekend, after talking about a tentative deal, and then return it saying you've changed your mind, that its just too expensive. Then sit back and watch the price come down another thousand dollars. As a consumer, you are in control. You decide whether to buy or not, for how much, and from what dealer. Use that power people!

I DO blame the dealerships. (We) Consumers find a car - "decide whether to buy or not, for how much, and from what dealer" - sign the paper, take the car and go on their way. Salesmen play games. They do it the whole time you are in their office and enjoy it so much, they call you back in a few days for you to come play games some more! They're untrustworthy, scum-sucking pigs - deserving of one to the hip when they go this route! People have jobs and lives...they don't have the time to spend repeatedly playing patty-cakes with pricks! Nor do they want to!

30 years ago in Dallas, my girlfriend at the time had this same Yo-Yo thing happen to her...they had already sold her trade-in and she needed more money down, blah-blah-BS... She asked me to go with her cause she knew how much I loved car-salesmen! When she traded for it, they marked the price of her trade-in up $3000 more than they actually allowed her...and marked the price of her purchase up the same amount. Since they had already sold her trade-in car, I told them to just give her the full amount they listed and she would go elsewhere. Needless to say, she kept the car at the original deal and went on her way!

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The auto industry, from manufacture to final sale of used vehicles, is full of deception and dishonesty. They are not unique in their immorality, but the control on such behavior is near non existent from a regulatory point of view, so they can and do act this way.

The lesson here is that without regulation, many, if not most businesses would operate in a similar manner. Expecting every Joe or Jane to research carefully is unrealistic. What would be realistic would be to teach this stuff in the public schools.

GM tried to break the pattern with Saturn, but didn't stay the course. Car dealers will continue to shear the sheep until the sheep get informed/pizzed enough to stampeed.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking at a new Ford pickup @ Broadway Ford yrs ago, right equiptment wrong color good price. Told them we would think about it . Called the next day said we could live with the color & would be right there to pick it up . Went up the chain of comand . They all said no u should have bought it when u were here.went to Dub Richardson & bought a truck . Salesman said well they made u a walking deal , I said what , he said u walk its no deal.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was looking at a new Ford pickup @ Broadway Ford yrs ago, right equiptment wrong color good price. Told them we would think about it . Called the next day said we could live with the color & would be right there to pick it up . Went up the chain of comand . They all said no u should have bought it when u were here.went to Dub Richardson & bought a truck . Salesman said well they made u a walking deal , I said what , he said u walk its no deal.

I can live with that.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After coming back and reading this, I now realize that I've had this yo-yo stuff done to me before. I had made a deal on a brand new Chevy S-10 and thought the deal was done. The first thing I did after I got it was take a little road trip and took my mother to see my aunt in Alabama.

We were gone for about a week. When i got back, I had a message on the answering machine to call the dealer, that he needed to see me. I went back to the dealership and he said that my financing didn't go through and we had to re-finance the deal and started quoting me different rates and payments. I told him that he could either do the deal we had already signed or he could have the truck back.

He said "fine, give me the truck back". I took the keys off my key ring and told him to give me my trade in back and I'd be on my way. After stuttering for about a minute, he had my old car brought to me and I left. I would have liked to have seen his face when he saw that the odometer had now 1100 miles on it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After coming back and reading this, I now realize that I've had this yo-yo stuff done to me before. I had made a deal on a brand new Chevy S-10 and thought the deal was done. The first thing I did after I got it was take a little road trip and took my mother to see my aunt in Alabama.

We were gone for about a week. When i got back, I had a message on the answering machine to call the dealer, that he needed to see me. I went back to the dealership and he said that my financing didn't go through and we had to re-finance the deal and started quoting me different rates and payments. I told him that he could either do the deal we had already signed or he could have the truck back.

He said "fine, give me the truck back". I took the keys off my key ring and told him to give me my trade in back and I'd be on my way. After stuttering for about a minute, he had my old car brought to me and I left. I would have liked to have seen his face when he saw that the odometer had now 1100 miles on it.

Had dealership try the same crap with my son. He was 20yo and after arguing with them for 2 hrs, called me. I went up there and told him to get his stuff out of the car and told the salesman to get his trade-in out front immediately.
He stuttered a bit and then said the trade was on a transport headed for auction. I say, "Fine, I'll take cash."
The GM shows up and wants starts in on the mileage on the car, son had put 1100 miles on in the week he had it. GM keeps saying, "I have to sell that as a used car now."
So I ask, "how much is a used one?" We got another $1000 off, which from the yelling I heard, most of which came out of the salesman commission.

Justice was served. :rubhands:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've come to accept that fact that buying a car is a major PITA.

The absolute best defense against getting yo-yo'd is to have your own financing BEFORE you go to the dealership. Negotiate the deal as a cash deal. Thats all they need to know, you're paying cash. doesn't matter if it's a bank draft from a loan or right out of your checking account. Credit unions do not now nor will they ever yo yo a customer.

If you're buying used, figure rough trade-in for the car is what they paid for it. why? because every car on the lot has hold back, or 'pack' dealerships for major manufacturers typically pad used cars $3,000. no joke, no kidding.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've come to accept that fact that buying a car is a major PITA.

The absolute best defense against getting yo-yo'd is to have your own financing BEFORE you go to the dealership. Negotiate the deal as a cash deal. Thats all they need to know, you're paying cash. doesn't matter if it's a bank draft from a loan or right out of your checking account. Credit unions do not now nor will they ever yo yo a customer.

If you're buying used, figure rough trade-in for the car is what they paid for it. why? because every car on the lot has hold back, or 'pack' dealerships for major manufacturers typically pad used cars $3,000. no joke, no kidding.

No. You negotiate the deal as if you're going to finance through them then after you hammer out the absolute lowest price, then you tell them you'll be paying cash for it, you write a check and leave with the car. They will negotiate to a lower price if they think you are financing through them because they are expecting to get a kick back from the finance company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom