Hunter harassment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that’s murder. Are you suggesting that the proper way to deal with people hunting next to but not on your property is murder? That’s one way to make sure you no longer have any property for others to hunt near.
The definition of TRESPASSER is, "ON private property without permission!" Can't argue with what I said, so you try and make it sound like something else? DANG, are you a news media talking head?

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lord have mercy some people are just so angry at themselves it effects everything they do.

I had an opportunity come up just a few months ago. Just got on a great lease in SW OK back in Aug for me and my 14 y/o son to hunt; so I didnt have much time to get my stuff out and get ready. Wires got crossed on who was hunting where and I set up on top of another hunter. Needless to say I was pretty irritated about it; my inner child was having a full blown tantrum over it. All the money, all the hardwork, all the time and now I have to rush down there scout and move spots.

But human error is what it is and everyone involved was apologetic and tried to help resolve things; give grace to receive it and all that. My son was finding it harder to get past which was frustrating but understandable for a teenager. We find another spot, not as ideal but it would do. At least I have a spot to spend deer season with my son.

Youth season rolls around and we met the other hunter I had inadvertently set up on and wow what a great guy. We both voiced our relief that neither of us were the Karen types and concerns about those kinds of people. He is retired and spends a lot of time on the property. So he had all the good info I needed being new on the lease. We are even going to try to get together and see if he can improve my duck calling game sometime soon.

So blessed to have the opportunity in front of my son and made a new hunting buddy!

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With, or without, the land owners permission? I'm not sure what some of thses asshats point is? Are they argueing that they have a right to hunt on private property, without permission? If so that is communisum, where the politically elite, the (GOVERNMENT) owns all the communal land? No one in their right mind wants that! I haVE NEVER TURNED ANYONE DOWN WHEN THEY ASK TO HUNT, OR FISH, ON MY LAND, I HAVE HURT A FEW TENDER LITTLE FEELING, WHEN THEY DIDN'T!
Can I hunt on your land?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the kids set up on the property line, and were facing the field they were given permission on and the guy is irate about trespassing... but old angry neighbor admitted he wanted to set up on the property line and hunt the birds coming from the other property? But the kids were clearly in the wrong and he was completely in the right?

Kids even offered to move the blind. Angry dude keeps saying they could have hunted together but instead of suggesting that, he rolls up 110% and blows any chance of peaceful and amicable resolution.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The irate guy was mainly upset because he was going to set up in the same general location. The hunters were in the beans where they had permission. The angry guy only used the ‘possibility’ that they were over the line because he couldn’t hunt that morning. At least that’s how I’m seeing it

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the kids set up on the property line, and were facing the field they were given permission on and the guy is irate about trespassing... but old angry neighbor admitted he wanted to set up on the property line and hunt the birds coming from the other property? But the kids were clearly in the wrong and he was completely in the right?

Kids even offered to move the blind. Angry dude keeps saying they could have hunted together but instead of suggesting that, he rolls up 110% and blows any chance of peaceful and amicable resolution.
Phrase it any way you choose to make them, and YOU, look like you are in the right! They set up exactly on the property line to piss him off, and it worked!

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My deceased best friend, his younger son and I occasionally deer hunted on my wife’s family’s land East of McAlester. A man and his wife from Arizona bought the property adjacent to the West and South of the ranch where we sometimes hunted. There’s a long stretch of wooded hills on the other rancher’s land separated by a grassy trail between the fence and the area we hunted. We’d set up blinds on the land we were allowed to hunt on; mine was near the fence where this rancher had offensively crossed over and nailed a Posted Sign on a tree that was not on his property. The spot was good during evenings when the Moon was dim because the deer would often come down off the wooded hill and eat the green grass in the area which was fenced off from her family’s cattle for hay; or, they come in further to eat feed meant for cattle.

My best friend’s blind was in about 150 yards from the fence and this rancher saw it while he was running some friend or family member to a location about 1/4 mile East of us. After he dropped off his passenger, he stopped in plain sight of my friend’s blind and played loud music with his windows open, then he exited his truck and pissed on the fence. He remained there walking around his truck until the ‘golden hour’ had passed. I told my wife’s Uncle about the incident, but aside from referring the guy by a few Oklahoma style vulgarities, he didn’t want to pursue it. He’s up in his 80’s, legally deaf and blind, and in poor health. I’m not in the best of health either and am now living in Alabama (another one of God’s Countries). so it’s doubtful that I’ll be hunting there again. We heard that he’d left Arizona because of problems with his neighbors. I’m not surprised.

Latest posts

Top Bottom