Huntng - for or against and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteStalker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro-hunting here! Hunting rewards me with no phone, no work, no traffic, lots of peace, hope for a great shot and a chance to actually slow down and enjoy nature...after i take an allergy pill :D

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro hunting here.

As many of you have read or know I was horn and raised in SoCal about a mile from the beach. Still live there today. I surfed all year, fished most of the summer and snow skied all winter. I still do a lot of this just not a diehard as I used to be. My life took a large turn when I decided to attend OSU 22 years ago. It is there I met my future, now current wife. She come from a hunting family. Her father hunts. Pretty much all he does is hunt. He has had the same 1000 acre least for the last 41 years in Eastern OK. I began hunting with him when I married his daughter.

Before I met my wife I owned a few revolvers and .22 rifles but never hunted. I immediately fell in love with everything involved with deer season. My guess is that the deer camp we have setup would impress even the most seasoned deer camp hunter. There is a lot involved with setup and maintenance and takedown. It is impressive to say the least. One of the main things i enjoy about hunting is just being at deer camp. There is something about being there for nearly a week grilling food on the camp fire, splitting wood, sitting by the campfire or wood stove on a chilly evening, hiking and walking the woods and pastures where we don't hunt and sitting I the wood waiting for deer to walk by. Aside from pulling the trigger, being at deer camp is so much different than where/what/how I was raised it is just incredible.

Most importantly, my young son has gotten to experience this same thing with me for all his 11 years. Deer camp is the thing he talks about all year long. When he is at camp he might as well be in heaven. Experiencing these times together are why we are pro hunting. Shooting a deer really is almost and added bonus and is not necessary to having a successful season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pro hunting here.

Aside from pulling the trigger, being at deer camp is so much different than where/what/how I was raised it is just incredible.

Most importantly, my young son has gotten to experience this same thing with me for all his 11 years. Deer camp is the thing he talks about all year long. When he is at camp he might as well be in heaven. Experiencing these times together are why we are pro hunting. Shooting a deer really is almost and added bonus and is not necessary to having a successful season.

Pretty much what Its all about.
Wish my family hunted. They didn't, so I had to learn on the fly. Never had a deer camp like you describe. That would be the ultimate.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time understanding why this question was even asked in a hunting forum. I mean, really?

Because this isn't strictly a hunting forum. Have you checked any of the other areas of the forum? we have some great ones!

Gee sorry, I was under the impression that this was the "General Hunting & Fishing Discussions" section of the OSA. Did I miss something? Guidance is always appreciated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom