I finally shot a glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got any real numbers to back up that statement?
And don't try to go back 100 years cause the Glock hasn't been around that long.

Is the ATF real enough? Per the ATF, In 2011 Kimber ALONE produced ~100K 1911s. That doesn't include Springfield, Sig, S&W, Ruger, Colt and the 983292 companies importing Turkish and Filipino copies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If only we could go back and use 100 year old computer and cell phone technology. My bag phone beats your Iphone anyday of the week!!! And my revolver trumps your 1911 !!! Suck on that!!!

Well, that wouldn't be a bad idea for yourself. Considering the 1911 is too unsafe for your friends.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the ATF real enough? Per the ATF, In 2011 Kimber ALONE produced ~100K 1911s. That doesn't include Springfield, Sig, S&W, Ruger, Colt and the 983292 companies importing Turkish and Filipino copies.

Don't forget all the 80% frames that don't even need to be tracked...

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
funny thing is 1911 holds what 7 rounds in most cases?? glock has double stack mags therefore are probably shot more and by more people, there are more glocks out there then probably anything else so naturally you will see more pics of mechanical failure then any other brand...

any gun can go kabooom even with a shody factory load, things happen...

if everyone drove the same car you'd hear about all the bad, constantly...

glocks are used more then any other gun, plain and simple

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
funny thing is 1911 holds what 7 rounds in most cases?? glock has double stack mags therefore are probably shot more and by more people, there are more glocks out there then probably anything else so naturally you will see more pics of mechanical failure then any other brand...

any gun can go kabooom even with a shody factory load, things happen...

if everyone drove the same car you'd hear about all the bad, constantly...

glocks are used more then any other gun, plain and simple

I guess you should tell Glock that they didn't need to progressively "upgrade" their guns if there have been no problems?

About the numbers, let's think outside the box here. To believe that Glocks are "used more than any other gun, plain and simple" doesn't really reflect sales numbers.

2011 U.S. Handgun Production numbers per the ATF.

Ruger ~600K Semis ~190K Revolvers
S&W ~450K Semis ~250k Revolvers
Sig Sauer ~ 350K
Kimber ~100K
Taurus ~115K
Kel-tec ~90K

Glock produced ~35K here... now on the flip side we know that Glock imports probably ten times that amount. There are no specific numbers that I've found, but again... per the ATF... Imports in 2010

Brazil ~600K
Austria ~450K
Germany ~350K
Croatia ~200K

In 2011 those numbers shot up to 800K, 500k, and 300K respectively on the first three listed.

So it's probably fair to assume that Glock has a majority of those imports from Austria.... but as you can see.... they aren't the big boys on the block as some would believe.

One must realize that magazine restricted states actually account for a significant portion of handgun sales, which kind of negates some of the advantages of a glock vs a 1911.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1911, in fairness, has been upgraded too. GMT, I love my 1911s as well, but I don't think that is a fair statement. And I have seen plenty of Glocks blown up too, 1911Sooner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom