I give up. I just joined the NWO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But they're bad remember? Oh wait------ the fluoride.

July 25, 2012 - For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is "extremely high levels" and how high is it compared to that in the public drinking supply?

Drinking water containing as little as 1.2 ppm fluoride will cause developmental disturbances. We cannot run the risk of producing such serious systemic disturbances. The potentialities for harm outweigh those for good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html

I haven't formed an opinion on this, I just read the articles today. Someone said the nazis used it in the concentration camps and wanted to see if it was true. I can't find any stories saying it is.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drinking water containing as little as 1.2 ppm fluoride will cause developmental disturbances. We cannot run the risk of producing such serious systemic disturbances. The potentialities for harm outweigh those for good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html

I haven't formed an opinion on this, I just read the articles today. Someone said the nazis used it in the concentration camps and wanted to see if it was true. I can't find any stories saying it is.

I found this article on the research done and how it (doesn't) apply to the US.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the nazi claim is sensationalist.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHAHA! the Flouride thing has been debunked so may times.

If you drank a gallon a day, it would have an effect. Other wise, its a valuable tool to prevent cavity's and gum disease.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Harvard study was the results of 27 or so other studies plus their own. It sounds like some parts of the country have higher levels and that is where problems come from, or I assume how much water, juice, sodas, etc. you drink. The study also said, up to a 15 point Iq reduction in areas with high concentration.

It amazes me that the medical (and dental) communities are so stubbornly resistant to connect the dots when it comes to the skyrocketing increase of cognitive decline in adults and behavioral issues in children (ADD, ADHD, depression and learning disabilities of all kinds). In fact, there have been more than 23 human studies and 100 animal studies linking fluoride to brain damage. Fluoride can also increase manganese absorption, compounding problems, since manganese in drinking water has also been linked to lower IQ in children.

Reported effects of fluoride on your brain include:

• Reduction in nicotinic acetylcholine receptors
• Damage to your hippocampus
• Formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer's disease)
• Reduction in lipid content
• Damage to purkinje cells
• Exacerbation of lesions induced by iodine deficiency
• Impaired antioxidant defense systems
• Increased uptake of aluminum
• Accumulation of fluoride in your pineal gland

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Harvard study was the results of 27 or so other studies plus their own. It sounds like some parts of the country have higher levels and that is where problems come from, or I assume how much water, juice, sodas, etc. you drink. The study also said, up to a 15 point Iq reduction in areas with high concentration.

It amazes me that the medical (and dental) communities are so stubbornly resistant to connect the dots when it comes to the skyrocketing increase of cognitive decline in adults and behavioral issues in children (ADD, ADHD, depression and learning disabilities of all kinds). In fact, there have been more than 23 human studies and 100 animal studies linking fluoride to brain damage. Fluoride can also increase manganese absorption, compounding problems, since manganese in drinking water has also been linked to lower IQ in children.

• Formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer's disease)

And this is a repost/copy from what web site?

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, huge, huge amounts of fluoride is dangerous. However, the original Harvard study was on naturally super-high levels of naturally occurring fluoride in China, which isn't even close to the levels in public water supply state-side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom