I Got a Warning PM Today For My Behavior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and for once it is with good reason.

I picked up the term "autist" from a finance subreddit (similar to a forum only less personal) and it is short for autistic. It is used over there as a playful insult and I adopted it and have been using it over here (mainly at CHenry) for the same reasons...a playful insult.

I member sent me a text this morning telling me their kid was recently diagnosed with autism and my using the term as a substitute for "retard" really has him feeling depressed. This member is a badas$ dude who has helped me out in the past and although I don't really know him personally I do like him and to be honest with everyone I feel like the biggest POS in the world for making him feel that way.

I have been reflecting on myself and this forum since our text convo and have come up with a few things.

1. I am nice for the most part but tend to post on this forum (most of whom I have never met) in a pretty relaxed, edgy, trash talky, sorta way. I am this same way around personal friends and family. The difference is...I know friends and family on a personal level and would never say some crap like "autist" around my cousin who in fact does have a son with autism. I do not know 99% of yall on a personal level so im running my fat mouth saying potentially damaging insults without a second thought. Nothing that comes out of my mouth is designed to hurt anybody, but today it did and I truly very deeply apologize for that.

2. This forum is about 2 things for me: entertainment and community. I come here because it is entertaining talking about guns and roasting Obama. I also enjoy the sense of a local community. I don't really have many friends so coming here to ask questions on general things like "where to go to buy this in okc" or "who threads barrels" etc...is really helpful to me. I want this forum to be entertaining and welcoming to everyone else too...and I have failed at that with the example above.

So I am going to back off on the insults and I honest to God from the bottom of my heart apologize if I have made someone feel depressed or any form of sadness from the things I have posted.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I've met you, so I kinda have a sense of the kind of guy you are I took no offense. But then, I rarely take offense unless someone really gets out of hand. And I enjoy the forums I've been on -- now and those in the past.

I've apologized to people before. Hell, who would have thought @CHenry and I would get along?? I'm still waiting on the earth to open up and swallow Oklahoma it's so bizarre. :anyone: And yet, here we are. You are a good guy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I've met you, so I kinda have a sense of the kind of guy you are I took no offense. But then, I rarely take offense unless someone really gets out of hand. And I enjoy the forums I've been on -- now and those in the past.

I've apologized to people before. Hell, who would have thought @CHenry and I would get along?? I'm still waiting on the earth to open up and swallow Oklahoma it's so bizarre. :anyone: And yet, here we are. You are a good guy.
As long as you bring me cookies, .....

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. I, too, am guilty of saying things to people I don't really know without really thinking it through. It's easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom