I hate to say this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Valvoline Instant Oil Change places do a lights, turn signals, and break light check, along with checking tires, while getting oil changed.

Some other oil change places do as well. As to the OP's original thought, Rhode Island apparently has a much more stringent inspection requirement than Oklahoma ever had, but there are still a lot of cars up there with non-functioning brake lights. Might be the same case for much of their turn signals as well.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah I don't want a stranger touching my Harley. Every inspection I got in Texas had me sweating like "Is this clown gonna drop my bike? Is he gonna fail my bike because I have an aftermarket exhaust? Is he gonna fail my bike because he wants some more money and wants me to come back?" until I found a shop that didn't care about any of that and passed basically any bike that rode in on its own power. I know the same thing would happen up here, and those shops would be making money hand over fist from guys like me. 🤣

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not , it was a money making scam and didn't make cars safer . When I was younger and inspection stickers were still sold it was a pretty well known fact amongst everyone there were two ways to get an inspection sticker . You went to the gas station and said I need an inspection sticker , they scrapped the old one off and put the new one on . You handed the attendant your $6 (IIRC the price before they eliminated them ) . The other way to get one was to go to the gas station or garage and say inspect my car which they would do then tell you that we won't put a sticker on till you buy a new muffler, or a light , etc .

All of the money generated from vehicle inspection stickers went to the OHP trooper retirement fund, The OHP I am sure would love to see inspection stickers come back though . Its was a system similar to how the fines from citations go the the judges retirement , I actually knew a couple of troopers well who told me they wouldn't write citations unless absolutely forced because the money funded the judges retirement .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom