I hate to say this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I have in mind is just put an end to the obnoxious straight pipes bs.
Some are annoying and some are just sad.

Then why on earth would you want to penalize everyone for something only a very small percentage of people do? I'll never be on board with ideas like that because it makes no sense whatsoever.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was walking outside a few months ago and some jackass on a home made motorcycle (strapped a lawn mower looking engine into a rusty old chopper frame) rode past me at full throttle and had my ears ringing for a week.

Then a few months later I was biking at the river trail and some jackass on one of those harbor freight mini motorcycles, also with straight pipes, got on the BIKE PATH in front of me and went full throttle and had my ears ringing for a week.

It is not an acceptable answer that people who choose to walk around outside should have to wear ear protection.

I'm sure some of you war vets here have tinnitus from your service days and know just how torturous it can be to have ringing ears.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State Inspections? If a person doesn't have enough common sense to drive a safe vehicle, that's on them. Spent hours to get a vehicle properly tested in the last state that required yearly state inspections. Had to go to a state government run center to get my exhaust emissions measured. 3 year old car came out clean with no catalytic converter and a cold air intake. Freedom is nice. State inspections are an infringement.

Don't like loud exhausts? Pass a law. Loud Pipes Save Lives. I would like to see a law against the low frequency thumper speakers, Loud Exhaust is a beautiful melody, rap music as the immortal Bruce Willis said in "The Last Boy Scout," "want to make me scream in pain, just play rap."
Loud pipes save lives? So do helmets, lower speeds.
I have to disagree with that. I never really notice exhausts until they are even with or by me. The lights do more in the daytime. At night ?
And the thumping stereos are annoying too. No matter what genre of music they play. Besides I’ve never had a thumper hurt my ears as it went by.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loud pipes save lives? So do helmets, lower speeds.
I have to disagree with that. I never really notice exhausts until they are even with or by me. The lights do more in the daytime. At night ?
And the thumping stereos are annoying too. No matter what genre of music they play. Besides I’ve never had a thumper hurt my ears as it went by.

Actually the frequency of sound can be just as or more damaging than the "loudness" Just because you didn't register it doesn't mean it didn't do harm .

Latest posts

Top Bottom