I hate to say this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is one of the most anti-2A things I've read in awhile, though I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it that way 🤨

Not anti 2A at all. Just surprised that as many people that love the 2A here, all of a sudden they want government regulation up the wazoo when it comes to vehicles. Freedom does not guarantee safety and can be dangerous at times.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not anti 2A at all. Just surprised that as many people that love the 2A here, all of a sudden they want government regulation up the wazoo when it comes to vehicles. Freedom does not guarantee safety and can be dangerous at times.
Hmmm - maybe we want more .gov control over vehicles than firearms because more idiots drive than own guns :laugh6:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s a matter of public interest. If you drive an unsafe vehicle, you can cause death or injury to other people.

Well, my guy, the OP didn't mention unsafe vehicles. He mentioned loud and "obnoxious" vehicles.

You may need a nanny state to take care of you and keep you safe from others. I don't. There's far too much government in our lives as it is without asking for more. And as long as I pay taxes to use the roads, I'll use them.

There are already Oklahoma statutes in place to cite owners of unsafe vehicles. We don't need more laws or more government. Well, you might...

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my guy, the OP didn't mention unsafe vehicles. He mentioned loud and "obnoxious" vehicles.

You may need a nanny state to take care of you and keep you safe from others. I don't. There's far too much government in our lives as it is without asking for more. And as long as I pay taxes to use the roads, I'll use them.

There are already Oklahoma statutes in place to cite owners of unsafe vehicles. We don't need more laws or more government. Well, you might...
I’m not suggesting more laws , just the enforcement of those that already exist.

Nobody is forcing you to use public property… don’t like the terms, don’t use it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not suggesting more laws , just the enforcement of those that already exist.

Nobody is forcing you to use public property… don’t like the terms, don’t use it.

Well that's a pretty simple-minded solution but it's not an either/or issue. There are many other remedies available to someone, like me (and presumably, you), who's a tax-paying citizen that doesn't like government policy or law. Working within the system to change it, or to keep it from being enacted in the first place (as in this issue), is just one other option.

I also disagree that no one is forcing me to use public roadways. I pay taxes for those roads. I'm forced to pay taxes by the government at various levels. There really is no other option for a law-abiding person. So as long as I'm being forced to pay for them, I'll damn sure use them.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope from me, besides I hit a bump on our rough roads and my diesel had a few components that fell right off! Craziest thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom