I hate to say this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loud pipes save lives? So do helmets, lower speeds.
I have to disagree with that. I never really notice exhausts until they are even with or by me. The lights do more in the daytime. At night ?
And the thumping stereos are annoying too. No matter what genre of music they play. Besides I’ve never had a thumper hurt my ears as it went by.

I don't ride a Harley, but the loud motorcycles have alerted me to their presence to the side and back of me. I do have a loud car, I would say it has probably helped to keep away the deer, but cannot say for sure. EV's in Europe have to make noise, the reason is to alert blind pedestrians. So do loud pipes save lives, imho yes.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a difference between loud and obnoxious. But not much. I’m not blind, I don’t live in Europe.
If it hurts my unprotected ears it’s obnoxious. If it wakes me up in my home at 4:30AM it’s obnoxious. Making a noise may save lives being loud and obnoxious doesn’t.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inspection not needed. Law regarding louder vehicles would suffice. I will say though that I'd push back.

I will tell you this though, just wait, they'll have electric vehicles and you won't have to worry. Kids look at vehicles as an appliance nowadays. EV's are a communist plot to restrict your travel.
Inspection not needed for EV's 🤣

C'mon, you know that .gov will figure out something . . . like having too slow a charging time or car weighs too much based on the amp/hr supplied 🙄

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inspection not needed for EV's 🤣

C'mon, you know that .gov will figure out something . . . like having too slow a charging time or car weighs too much based on the amp/hr supplied 🙄

No, Okietool won't have to worry about loud obnoxious exhausts! And Inspections for said exhaust (won't be needed.) Will a safety inspection be needed for future cars? The software will say something is wrong with the car or driver and disable it. Miles Traveled Tax already in the works.

BTW, I truly get the aversion to loud exhausts by some. Had a neighbor at my old house who would idle her truck every morning for 1/2 hour to warm up. Even funnier she would complain that she got really bad mileage (of course she would, to go to work 15 minutes away she would idle it practically all morning.)

Yes, my car is very loud, but with the flip of a switch it gets very quiet. Nice when leaving early in the morning and keeps neighbors off my back.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah...just what we need. More government infringement into our lives. Not only "No", but "HELL NO!".

Streets are publicly owned my guy

If you don’t want government infringement I’m cool with that, if you agree not to use publicly owned roads. As long as you have to share those spaces with the rest of us, you have to agree to certain rules…your rights end where mine begin…

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if the government has the right to dictate the condition of the car you drive on roads don't they have the right to dictate where and how you carry firearms? After all, if roads are public and the government controls them...

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if the government has the right to dictate the condition of the car you drive on roads don't they have the right to dictate where and how you carry firearms? After all, if roads are public and the government controls them...

I think it’s a matter of public interest. If you drive an unsafe vehicle, you can cause death or injury to other people.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is one of the most anti-2A things I've read in awhile, though I'm pretty sure you didn't mean for it to sound that way 🤨

Latest posts

Top Bottom