I hate to say this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State Inspections? If a person doesn't have enough common sense to drive a safe vehicle, that's on them. Spent hours to get a vehicle properly tested in the last state that required yearly state inspections. Had to go to a state government run center to get my exhaust emissions measured. 3 year old car came out clean with no catalytic converter and a cold air intake. Freedom is nice. State inspections are an infringement.

Don't like loud exhausts? Pass a law. Loud Pipes Save Lives. I would like to see a law against the low frequency thumper speakers, Loud Exhaust is a beautiful melody, rap music as the immortal Bruce Willis said in "The Last Boy Scout," "want to make me scream in pain, just play rap."

Last edited:

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a driver inspection, do a breathalyzer, might be on inspection day that's the only day of the year they're sober. Maybe a finger stick, just to see how much meth and crack is in their system. Then the psychological exam, whoa baby, all administered by some guy named Junior. I promise you, you wouldn't want to know the results.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a state inspection in Kansas from a dealer that sold me a used car. After I get it off the trailer I did an inspection of my own and listed 9 things that would have failed the inspection like broken struts, brakes pulling bad to the left. etc. I won't even mention the gear shift lever coming off in my wife's hand while she was driving it.

I called the KHP and a captain called me back. I explained the circumstances and the fact I had it inspected again by another shop and he said, Snattlerake, I'm going to get your car fixed. Within 30 minutes the dealership was calling, "We are sure sorry! That ol boy's been fired. When can you bring it in?"

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when we were on the farm/ranch, we had to have a guy come out every year to inspect our farm trucks. Those were 50's model trucks and one had a hole in the windshield that was at least an inch wide, so we had put a piece of duct tape over the hole. When he inspected it, I mentioned it. He said that as long as he couldn't blow through the crack/hole, he could pass the vehicle.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I have in mind is just put an end to the obnoxious straight pipes bs.
Some are annoying and some are just sad.

Inspection not needed. Law regarding louder vehicles would suffice. I will say though that I'd push back.

I will tell you this though, just wait, they'll have electric vehicles and you won't have to worry. Kids look at vehicles as an appliance nowadays. EV's are a communist plot to restrict your travel.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inspection not needed. Law regarding louder vehicles would suffice. I will say though that I'd push back.

I will tell you this though, just wait, they'll have electric vehicles and you won't have to worry. Kids look at vehicles as an appliance nowadays. EV's are a communist plot to restrict your travel.
I need a red flag law for obnoxious vehicles.
The EV thing I’m fine with but, I don’t see them replacing diesel pickups at least in Ok.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I have in mind is just put an end to the obnoxious straight pipes bs.
Some are annoying and some are just sad.
It is pretty hard to add back exhaust equipment, get inspected, then remove it… Well, it is harder for me to get back up now. I’d buy a lift if inspections were brought back.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

And kill off the antique/muscle car industries.

Obama had one success in his stint as president.
He started the Cash for Clunkers and removed 90% of the ugly no power 1980/1990's cars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom