I have a real challenge. A broken Glenfield 75 stock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I recall this is a common problem when the trigger guard screws are overtightened.

Yeah, this looks more like someone tried to wrap it around a tree though. There are actually multiple breaks including the reciever side plate area being completely broken on the right side.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I predrill the holes for my screws place epoxy on the holes then run the screws in an drivel grind the screws offbelow the smooth edge then fill with filler

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd leave the screw heads on and just counter-bore 'em, then fill the holes if you wish. With the wood grain like that, it's always gonna be a weak spot.

Ya might also consider using water-proof wood glue.

Just a couple thoughts. :drunk2:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd leave the screw heads on and just counter-bore 'em, then fill the holes if you wish. With the wood grain like that, it's always gonna be a weak spot.

Ya might also consider using water-proof wood glue.

Just a couple thoughts. :drunk2:

Yes, water proof wood glue. And since the break will never be invisible I want to leave the brass visible so that some else down the road can see that it has been reinforced and they don't have to worry about it. Besides, it will make it look like an old-school fix that will fit the age of the rifle more.

With the broken stock, mismatched magazine tube, and mismatched screws already present, this will be a shooter and nothing more.

Honestly it will probably become one of my truck guns that will live behind the seat.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Step 1 complete. I knew it wasn't going to match up perfectly because of the way it broke. I can sand it out and make it look right though.

Now I just have to get some brass screws.

20200422_111329.jpg
20200422_111334.jpg
20200422_111352.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom