Separate names with a comma.
Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!
Discussion in 'Gunsmithing & Repairs' started by Catt57, Apr 21, 2020.
Should we be afraid to ask what's in the stain...?
Lol, custom mix of 3 different stain colors applied in layers.
Looks good from here.
Got it out and put 50 rounds though it this weekend. Didn't have paper, but was able to consistently hit tin cans at 20 yards with out any issue.
I did find that with this mismatched follower tube I can't load 9 rounds like it supposed to hold but will only hold 8.
That area of break seems to be fairly common to the "75's" I had one that looked almost identical. I didn't use the brass screw idea, which I think is far better than my solution. I cut a couple of dowel pieces and used wood glue, tightened with nylon straps. After sanding and refinishing (I did the entire stock because I don't have the skill to match the original) it turned out almost as good as new.
Your finished project is many degrees higher than mine was. Well done!
Thank you. I have used wood dowels when it was cracked at the wrist but not completely broken off like this one was. I opted for brass screws in this case due to the extent of the damage.
Other thought would be to use a 60 stock and cut it down to 75 size. Then you could have a squirrel stocked 75.
True, but what's the fun in that. There's something satisfying about taking something that most would consider beyond repair and putting it back together.
Plus it's cheaper than a new stock.
Dropped a cheap 4x32 scope on it today. Sighted it in and then ran a full box of 50rds though it to make sure it held zero.
It did pretty good for the old mutt that it is.
This was the result at 50 yards.
(Those are 1" squares btw. And the ones outside of the 9 ring are from getting it sighted. It started out almost 2ft high. )