I just had LASIK done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it done several years ago. I put it on a credit card and then paid it off at some point. I would *happily* do that again, LASIK was a great use of funds.

The weirdest part of the procedure was when they peeled back the layer covering the eyeball. People naturally assume that when a person can't see, that they "see" blackness- that isn't the case. It turns out that when you are blind, you don't see ANYTHING at all. Not black, not gray, just nothing. But that only lasts a couple of minutes and then you are back to your customary blackness, like when your eyes are closed. A couple of days later, and you are asking yourself why you didn't have it done a long time ago.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had it done several years ago. I put it on a credit card and then paid it off at some point. I would *happily* do that again, LASIK was a great use of funds.

The weirdest part of the procedure was when they peeled back the layer covering the eyeball. People naturally assume that when a person can't see, that they "see" blackness- that isn't the case. It turns out that when you are blind, you don't see ANYTHING at all. Not black, not gray, just nothing. But that only lasts a couple of minutes and then you are back to your customary blackness, like when your eyes are closed. A couple of days later, and you are asking yourself why you didn't have it done a long time ago.

That description just creeped the frickin' crap out of me. I have this thing about eyes which is why I've never been able to do the laser thing. There is no way I could just lay there and be still while someone was cutting on my eyeball, that's horror movie stuff ACK! They would have to put me completely under and none of them do that.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked into it a few years ago; my ophthalmologist (who does a lot of LASIK) said I could probably find someone to do the job, but she wouldn't because the numbers didn't add up. She also told me that you have to be really careful because in Oklahoma LASIK is not considered to be a surgical procedure, which means that you don't have to be a doctor to perform it--and most of the horror stories come from procedures performed by non-doctors.

TheLlama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had PRK done at Advanced laser center about 6 years ago. 1,000 per eye with lifetime warranty. Had the left redone after 2 years. Need both touched up now. I thin i had it done a little early, at 21. Still see just fine but have a few problems at night and when i go to see them and they put me on the refracter I'm like Holy $h*t I could see alot better. Waiting about a year to have it corrected again. If i had to do it again..... I woulda done it sooner. Its worth every penny X2.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have thought about this alot, the peeling part of your eye back scares me a little, it's the only set I have and if something went wrong, I don't know if I want to take that chance. I've always had to where glasses, it would be so cool to not have to worried about it anymore

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it done about 3 in the afternoon on a Thursday. He told me to go home and go to sleep and I would be able to see in the morning. I thought, right, figured it would take longer, sure enough I could read the alarm clock in the morning for the first time. I was blind as a bat, couldn't see 3 feet in front of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom