I looked at a classic today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a 1962 Jaguar Mk II today. I might buy it. I've always wanted a Jag. When the car was new it was the fastest 4 door car made and the only one with 4 wheel disc brakes. It has the XKE 6 cylinder motor and a 4 speed with electronic overdrive transmission. A friend has owned it for the last 25 years and it has been kept inside. The body is straight except for one small dent on a door and pretty rust free. The leather seats look great and so does the carpet and headliner.
25.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a 1962 Jaguar Mk II today. I might buy it. I've always wanted a Jag. When the car was new it was the fastest 4 door car made and the only one with 4 wheel disc brakes. It has the XKE 6 cylinder motor and a 4 speed with electronic overdrive transmission. A friend has owned it for the last 25 years and it has been kept inside. The body is straight except for one small dent on a door and pretty rust free. The leather seats look great and so does the carpet and headliner. View attachment 262086
I want a ride! Is that at the car barn?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad grew up in New Jersey and Pennsylvania around the time period of that Jag. I remember him telling me how some of the European cars would run the highways so fast that highway patrols often couldn’t catch them. I guess that’s why we ended up with bigger and more powerful police interceptor motors.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And those cars needed driven fast.
You bring them here and put around in them and they fall apart.

You got to get them up on the pipe so to say get everything oiling good ya know.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I looked at a 1962 Jaguar Mk II today. I might buy it. I've always wanted a Jag. When the car was new it was the fastest 4 door car made and the only one with 4 wheel disc brakes. It has the XKE 6 cylinder motor and a 4 speed with electronic overdrive transmission. A friend has owned it for the last 25 years and it has been kept inside. The body is straight except for one small dent on a door and pretty rust free. The leather seats look great and so does the carpet and headliner. View attachment 262086
And you only took one damn picture! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom