I Love Westerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched OJW too. Followed by Gran Torino. There were so many Clint Eastwood movies on I was beginning to wonder if he had died.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OK, but can you really count El Dorado and Rio Bravo as seperate movies? Let's face it, James Caan was not as good as Ricky Nelson and Dean Martin......

It was Walter Brennan's character "Stumpy" that made all the difference between the two movies:)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm watching Jermiah Johnson now.

Jeremiah Johnson is one of the greatest cinematic achievements in history. I've seen it so many times that I could write the script from memory with very few errors. Last time I turned it off because I was saying every line before it was said on screen.; have to give it a year or so before I watch it again. :)

The cinematography alone is amazing, and couple that with the dialogue (or lack thereof) and man, what a powerful film. The only film I can put with JJ in the "silence says more than words" game is Five Easy Pieces, for the way the emotions of Nicholson's character are revealed to the viewer in scenes where he's not speaking. There's not an extraneous or unnecessary word in Jeremiah Johnson. Every line is is huge.

"Would you happen to know what month of the year it is?"

"I've been to a town, Del"

"Same place you are, Jeremiah. Hell, in the end."

"You've come far pilgrim"..."Feels like far"....."Were it worth the trouble?"....."Heh? What trouble?"

Other than JJ, I'm a Leone/Eastwood guy. The Dollars Triology is just too good for words, and should be required study in American high schools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom