I Love Westerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, Jeremiah Johnson and the new version of True Grit are the only two westerns I remember seeing.

Unless you count Fievel Goes West as one.

I do like Western Video Games, though there aren't that many of them. Fallout New Vegas introduced me to Marty Robbins.

I have some catching up to do. Where to start?

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JB, I love westerns too.
My first choice of movie anytime.

A "Lonesome Dove" sequel called "Streets of Laredo" has been one of my fav's. (Stars James Garner, George Carlin, Randy Quaid).
"Comanche Moon" was another Dove sequel that is great.
I highly recommend both.

"Deadman" is another movie worth watching but isn't for everyone.
It's a twisted black&white film starring Johnny Depp, Iggy Pop, Billy Bob Thornton, music by Neil Young.
Very dark!

A few other honorable mentions are:
-The Missouri Breaks
-Going South
-One Eyed Jacks
-Ulzana's Raid

I hope and pray that Hollywood comes up with more decent westerns.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad to see so many Jimmy Stewart fans. If you haven't seen Night Passage you really ought to get it. Jimmy Stewart and Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea. "You and your stinkin' accordian."

Rio Bravo is my all time favorite. I read once that Dean Martin was one of the fastest guns in Hollywood.

The Magnificent Seven is great, also.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad to see so many Jimmy Stewart fans. If you haven't seen Night Passage you really ought to get it. Jimmy Stewart and Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea. "You and your stinkin' accordian."

Rio Bravo is my all time favorite. I read once that Dean Martin was one of the fastest guns in Hollywood.

The Magnificent Seven is great, also.

The Naked Spur

The Man from Laramie

Latest posts

Top Bottom