I made a knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After seeing some other people get crafty and make some blades I decided I should give it a go. I cut this piece from some super crusty pitted c-channel I had laying out back behind the shop. I had to ride the grinder on this guy for 30 min just to take out most of the pitting. I think with a couple of cheap tools and better stock material I can maybe turn out something half decent. Let me know what you guys think. I only spent about 7 hours on this one. Most of which was getting out all the pitting. Also this is my first paracord wrap.

Sorry for the poor lighting.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words. I really enjoy making just about anything. I made a couple of cool iron crosses for the wife. Now after making this knife I fear a new passion is going to rise inside of me, and I will be riding the grinder on more of these very soon.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i really want to try making one, but likewise i'm afraid i'll like doing it too much.

looks cool...

try picking a much harder steel for the next one... angle iron is probably really soft even compared to tool steel, or a nice stainless, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom