Collar Knife Sheath????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know those family stories that get passed down generation to generation? Well I have one that has left me with a question. Story goes that my great-grandmother was dying of cancer, in the very last hours so you can imagine the pain she was in poor thing. Well family was gathered in her room paying their respects before she parted and a damn cat jumped in the window and began making a bunch of noise. This led to Grampa Fitch reaching behind his collar, removing a fixed blade knife he kept stashed back there and in one fluid motion he plucked that cat right out of the window. What I’m trying to figure out is just what kind of apparatus he might have had stashed under his coat. Ya’ll have ever heard of such a thing and have any idea of what he might have had?

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m wondering if it was some kind of harness (on a smaller scale) similar to what Crocodile Dundee wore on his back or was it part of the coat? And all of this begs the question, just who carries a knife in their collar and is proficient enough to nail a cat in a window? I’m thinkin’ he was a bad arse. They were just tough dudes back then.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was a young punk I tried that after seeing it in a couple movies. I never could get it to hang right, nor could I learn to throw a knife well.

What was the John Wayne flick with James Caan? I think that is where he carried his knife.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was a young punk I tried that after seeing it in a couple movies. I never could get it to hang right, nor could I learn to throw a knife well.

What was the John Wayne flick with James Caan? I think that is where he carried his knife.

You mean Mr. Alan Bourdillon Traherne, aka "Mississippi"

The flick was El Dorado.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Wild Wild West, James West had sheaths sewn into his jacket for holding knives. In an early episode, you can see him loading the knives into them.

Of course, he had F/X guys and stunt men to make sure his knives went where they were supposed to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom