I need a new range - Tulsa area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am suprised that no one mentioned USSA.

www.usshootingacademy.com

300 yd rifle
reactive steel
over 20 shooting bays
Extremely nice club house

many options to join from day passes and beyond

What he said!! We take care of members and day passers just the same. Yes we lean towards "tactical", but aside from clays and, we have everything you could want. We have membet appreciation days twice a year which include a machine gun shoot and dinner and drinks. Come out and take a tour, you wont be disapointed.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to shoot rifles at longer distances, I'd suggest you think carefully before passing up on Red Castle. When I first started there, I thought 200 or 300 yards would be plenty for shooting iron silhouettes. But after a year and half with various mil-surp rifles, I find the 200-yard targets to be rather boring, and 300 yards is humdrum. It's at 400 yards and beyond that things get exciting. Not trying to brag or anything - heck, those targets can get up to 2 feet across! Just passing along my thoughts. I can still remember the surge of euphoria I got when I dinged one of the circular targets at 500 yards with my M1, with my last shot of the day :)

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What he said!! We take care of members and day passers just the same. Yes we lean towards "tactical", but aside from clays and, we have everything you could want. We have membet appreciation days twice a year which include a machine gun shoot and dinner and drinks. Come out and take a tour, you wont be disapointed.

If the day pass included the 300 yard rang, I would be all over that.......

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch, the day pass does indeed include every facility available at USSA.

When did that change, the last time I was out there it was paper only for day passes (and it was $15).

eta: It has been a while since I was there.

I'm not hating on USSA, I just can't afford them and would like to learn to shoot past 400yds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom