I need a pair of gloves...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evan, I've always liked the Damascus gloves. I have 2 pairs that I found as new-old-stock from the 70's that the leather is just as soft in as they should be. I'd go with the Mechanix as my second choice. I use the Mechanix everyday

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a few different kind both lined and unlined. If you want a lined glove, that's different. But after going through a few pair of unlined gloves, I saw a buddy wearing batting gloves one night. You can use an ink pen, feel everything when you pat someone down, work anything on a pistol, etc. with them. I ended up buying a pair of Easton gloves. For $15-20 at Academy, they perform great. And you can go to a local store and try a pair on to see if that's what you like.

doubleostud

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Hatch Operator gloves. At first I hated the reinforced knuckle, but I have grown to find it has alot of uses. The big thing I like about them is I don't have any loss of dexterity. I can still feel the trigger. I have found that the knuckle pad is great for support when shooting off of a barricade. I picked mine up new on ebay for 20, so I cant complain so far.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK.

I rock the CamelBak intermediate cold weather glove and they are epic good in fairly cool weather ( ie I wore them qualifying when it was 11 degrees and I was fine) wear simple black Mechanix gloves I got from wally world for like 13 bucks when its nicer
I have Hatch kevlar lined search gloves that I never wear since they suck to put on quick.
I have 4 pairs of issue combat gloves and they work well too.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with mechanix...I acutally use the tractor supply house brand and they seem just about as durable, and they are only like $10. I use them for all of my chores as well as shooting and I go through about 2 pair a year. I couldn't handle it if I went through that many gloves if they cost what some of the tactical gloves do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom