I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 22 is a great starter gun and very non threatning in sound and recoil. I skipped this with my wife and she just loves our Bersa 380, it's a nicely weghted medium sized all metal gun that shoots great and has all the safeties and such for her to get used to. She's fired about two rounds though my Walther PPS in 40 cal and our Taurus TCP, but they're too snappy for her.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must kindly disagree with this. While I do agree that there are some folks that will never see logic...it's quite difficult to assume that we know that the person the OP is talking about is "this type of individual". And this is why...

When I moved to OKC in 2006, I was 110% fearful of guns. My mother had instilled fear into my younger sister and I in our youth to keep us from doing something stupid. She's still, to this day, one of those people who doesn't feel firearms are necessary for defense. So is my sister. When I moved, I spent a fair amount of time with two good friends of mine who owned firearms. I would not even hug them for fear of setting off the firearm.

In late 2006, I started dating my current boyfriend who owned a handgun. And it was promptly brought to my home when a series of home invasions and rapes occurred in my apartment complex. I was so adamant about NOT touching the gun that Jason finally bought a baseball bat so at least I had something to use to protect myself since I clearly was not going to use the gun.

What turned me away from being "that type of individual" was Jason taking me to the gun range, explaining to me what I needed to know, putting the gun in my hands and letting me put a box of ammo downrange. Not only did it not kill me to use the gun...I was actually GOOD at it!

Since that time, Jason and I have both received our concealed carry licenses. My choice firearms are more expensive and larger caliber than what Jason prefers to carry. I carry at all times, including at work (and my boss supports my choice.) And I have taken an interest in rifles and hope to make my first hunting trip this year. (And this is all something that does not necessarily involve Jason, these are my own interests.)

Had someone not done what the OP is attempting to do here...I'd still be "that type of individual". So, folks, please don't count everyone out as those who cannot be helped. I give kudos to the OP for at least trying. If it doesn't pan out, at least he tried. But what if it does?

The person the OP is referring to may be afraid of guns as you described your past self, but that is not the issue according to the OP's post.

The issue is the victim mentality where one believes they live in a world that will not harm them. Anyone who picks up a newspaper or watches the nightly news can see that's not the case.

So disagree or not, logic still does not work with this type of individual.

Michael Brown

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set up a ride along with a local police department and let her see the response times and talk to the police officer about CCW and defending onself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom