I need some help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I adopted a 3 year old male chocolate lab named Joe. When I adopted him, I was told he was heart worm negative. I took him to the vet today and they told me he's heart worm positive. Treatment will be $500. I called the lab rescue group that I got him from and they said they were 100% volunteer and had no money to treat him, but to bring him back and they would give me my money back and kill him. Is there anyone around the Tulsa/Bartlesville area that might be able to treat him for less than the $500 quoted that someone could recommend? He's got a clean bill of health excluding the heart worms and he's had a lot of time put into him for training. He doesn't bark. He's kid and animal friendly. He's never met a stranger. He's just an all around good dog and part of our family.

ai100.photobucket.com_albums_m18_angusranch_1small.jpg

I don't want to put him down, but I can't afford the $500 to treat him. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would call all the local vets in your area and tell them what's going on. You may be surprised what they are willing to do in situations like this.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is castrate's wife, I'm a vet assistant. You could try oneta animal care, they are real good with payments. They are in broken arrow. I can ask the doc. I work for now what he could do for you. Just PM us with your number and I'll give you a call with the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom