I need some long johns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day you went to the store and bought some insulated underwear commonly called long johns.
So I go into Academy and ask this pup millennial about some long johns.
I get a blank look and I repeat long Johns and insulated underwear. He still doesn't have a clue.
Then he asks if I'm looking for a base layer or something else I couldn't hear. I don't hear so well, so he takes me to a display of base layer and some other that I don't remember the name of. I just left.
WTF? Can we not just buy some long Johns any more and have to be so freaking technical?
I want my butt warm in the cold. What do I do?

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day you went to the store and bought some insulated underwear commonly called long johns.
So I go into Academy and ask this pup millennial about some long johns.
I get a blank look and I repeat long Johns and insulated underwear. He still doesn't have a clue.
Then he asks if I'm looking for a base layer or something else I couldn't hear. I don't hear so well, so he takes me to a display of base layer and some other that I don't remember the name of. I just left.
WTF? Can we not just buy some long Johns any more and have to be so freaking technical?
I want my butt warm in the cold. What do I do?
Look for the Columbia stuff with the silver dots on the interior, holy hell are those warm ......littl foil dots that reflect your heat back to you .....they rock

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look for the Columbia stuff with the silver dots on the interior, holy hell are those warm ......littl foil dots that reflect your heat back to you .....they rock
I bought some of the Magellan that Academy had. I'm sitting here in them after building fence all day and noticed the dots on them didn't know WTF they were. Kept trying to dust them off but they didn't.
Now I know. Thanks! Clones of the Columbia.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!
I'll be elk hunting in the mountains of New Mexico next month and the projected temps will be 9 below zero in the mornings and 32 for highs in the afternoon according to the current forecasts which will probably change one way or the other as it gets closer.
I've somehow lost/misplaced the long johns I've always worn in the past hunts and looking to replace them.
I didn't know it required a degree in clothing terms to buy this new stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom