I need to borrow a rooster ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well BB this thread brought back childhood memories when as a kid had to go to the barn and collect the eggs all 300+ of them lol

:lmfao: BTDT ... My dad was a "bird freak" ... I can't tell you what all we had out there -- about a bazillon different breeds of chickens, guinea hens, peacocks, pheasant, quail, ducks, parrots, parakeets (those he raised to sell) ... I'm sure I'm forgetting something ... We spent all morning taking care of the birds and then all afternoon taking care of everything else -- cattle, sheep, goats, some little antelope things I can't remember the name of right now, pigs, dogs, cats, ferrets, guinea pigs, we had a pet skunk ... and THEN there was the wild stuff the game warden would bring in that was injured -- that's when the REAL fun got started ... :D

This place is fast turning to just another version of Craig's List....Wanted..."Big Rooster" to use and abuse. Will consider trades!

:pms2:

Yeah, except I'm a lot more confident that I'm not gonna get knocked in the head and left in the ditch for dead somewhere ... :lookaroun You guys are a pretty good bunch! :D

Thank you guys!! I have a rooster. And a big special thanks to Foghorn's daughter -- for letting me borrow her rooster! :D

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ahhhh, Keelty ... You know I'm yours, heart and soul ... but I married a JBT who can shoot better than either one of us! :lookaroun Alas, unrequited love is the sweetest, I hear ... :wink2: :heart: :kiss

We will just have to love eachother from a far! Far enough to be out of his rifle range!::naughty: Love you 2 GlockCop! Dont taze me Bro!:thumbup3:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a RIR rooster who has been keeping the girls Happy Happy Happy. He is usually pretty quiet. Just got a Red Leghorn, so have thinking about selling the RIR, if you are interested, let me know. We had 1 of the girls get broody last spring and we let her sit on dozen. 11 hatched with 8 of them hens, so changing the bloodlines now. He will probably wind up in the freezer in the next 2 weeks, if not sold

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a RIR rooster who has been keeping the girls Happy Happy Happy. He is usually pretty quiet. Just got a Red Leghorn, so have thinking about selling the RIR, if you are interested, let me know. We had 1 of the girls get broody last spring and we let her sit on dozen. 11 hatched with 8 of them hens, so changing the bloodlines now. He will probably wind up in the freezer in the next 2 weeks, if not sold

I wish ... I just did some checking with the neighbors that I know have had roosters. They both said the code enforcement guy came by and told them they needed to get rid of their boys ... :( So ... No rooster in my future ... At least for right now. Tell Red "I'm sorry" for me when you give him the axe ... :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom