I need to borrow a rooster ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for a little while ... :naughty: Preferably, RIR or Leghorn, but I'll not be too picky ... Just no bantams ... Am willing to trade bread, cookies or lasgna :teehee: and will make sure your guy is well fed and taken care of until I can get some eggs under my broody hen.

Any ideas?? I already tried Craigslist ... I guess I could buy a feller and then put his head on the chopping block when his "work" is done but that seems a bit harsh ... So ... If I can avoid buying a guy, just to whack his head off in a month or so, I'd like to ...

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill talk to my daughter and see if she'll loan ya roger. She likes cookies and roger hates her so it should be an easy choice....

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go out to Mary's Swap Meet. I am sure someone out there has 12 of them all smashed into a 2' x 2' cage. When you are done, serve it with fried tators.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U should just buy one and keep around all the time it makes the hens happy and they lay more eggs when happy lol j/k

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMAO! I go to make coffee and put the onions in the slow cooker and THIS is what I come back too! :D

OK ... Thanks Foghorn!! I appreciate it. I will pick up and deliver to her so she doesn't have to drag him out. I'll even come catch him if she needs for me to.

Biggs, I've got no more room at the inn (the freezer) or I probably would. I guess I could cook one and replace that one, but I'm trying to clean the freezer out ... Besides, those folks at Mary's ... I dunno ... I'd hate to bring home some strange disease to my sweet little virgin hens ... :wink2: I don't think any of those old birds at Mary's have their health cards stamped ... :D

Ahhhh, Keelty ... You know I'm yours, heart and soul ... but I married a JBT who can shoot better than either one of us! :lookaroun Alas, unrequited love is the sweetest, I hear ... :wink2: :heart: :kiss:

Rick, I'd LOVE to have a rooster around all the time, but I live smack dab in the middle of a small neighborhood and have at least 2 neighbors, maybe 3 who have chickens. Two of them have roosters because I hear them in the mornings. However, both of these ladies are a bit on the strange side, so I prefer just to smile, wave politely and keep moving when I see them, if you get my drift ... :lookaroun They kinda spook me ... LOL One of them I've tried to talk to ... It hasn't gone real well ... She's a really "interesting" person ... :D

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well BB this thread brought back childhood memories when as a kid had to go to the barn and collect the eggs all 300+ of them lol

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This place is fast turning to just another version of Craig's List....Wanted..."Big Rooster" to use and abuse. Will consider trades!

:pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom