I promise this is real (and unprovoked)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How old is your oldest boy? Does he have an AR rigged up as well?

Oldest is 10 - here's his rig:

Sort of got distracted from it on the AR - I'm not going to lie, part of the AR build was the fact that I found a pretty good deal on a LaRue Stealth upper for myself which allowed me to give my son my old upper.

I'll be finishing up the oldest's probably by Christmas since he wants to start doing some mid-range shooting pretty soon. He still needs something to get his cheek wield up (can't find a stock-pack anywhere), I've got a barrel laying around for him that I need to get up to Steve Baldwin to have him blueprint the action, install and cut down the barrel, and I'll probably upgrade the recoil lug and give him a cool bolt-handle.

[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could try a Karsten cheekpiece to get him a batter cheekweld.

That is exactly my backup plan - now if only they were easier to find than Eagle Stock Packs (everyone seems to be out of stock at the moment) :D

I've actually discovered that I can use low scope rings on the base to bring it down some, but he's still probably going to need a slight lift to get his head right.

I've got a number of other things to do to it, so it will all come in good time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oldest is 10 - here's his rig:

Sort of got distracted from it on the AR - I'm not going to lie, part of the AR build was the fact that I found a pretty good deal on a LaRue Stealth upper for myself which allowed me to give my son my old upper.

I'll be finishing up the oldest's probably by Christmas since he wants to start doing some mid-range shooting pretty soon. He still needs something to get his cheek wield up (can't find a stock-pack anywhere), I've got a barrel laying around for him that I need to get up to Steve Baldwin to have him blueprint the action, install and cut down the barrel, and I'll probably upgrade the recoil lug and give him a cool bolt-handle.

[Broken External Image]

Aha! He prefers the bolt action over the AR platform, eh? :naughty:

That is so cool!

I wonder why the "awesomeness" of the AR's looks and design doesn't appeal to him? :scratch:

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks similar to my christmas list... will you be my dad??

Thats awsome, I remember my first build with my dad. I still have it and cant wait till my son is old enough to give it to him.

djsmithinvesting

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im having my first kid any day now. He doesnt have an AR yet, but he does have a Rem Model 12 pump 22, it belonged to my great grandpa, grandpa, dad and uncles,me, and now its his. A ruger standard .22 pistol, and I just bought him a Marvin Austin custom made skinning knife.......maybe Im going a bit overboard.

I look forward to the day he asks for an AR though.......id make it happen if at all possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom