I Stood My Ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how/who do you put on retainer for something like this. Who has a lawyer on stand by? How to you get a lawyer? What type? Who? All that stuff.

I'm not sure of just who it is, but there is one law instructor that teaches at H&H (I think) that is an attorney. If I remember right, and that is always a question considering my age, he may represent anyone that is willing to pay a retainer. I'm not sure whether he would work as quickly for someone that simply wanted his services after an event. In either case, hopefully someone here will chime in and tell us who it is.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a495_prototraining_370c5cbbe422b8fd0f48896a7ec653f9_zps0378da07.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how/who do you put on retainer for something like this. Who has a lawyer on stand by? How to you get a lawyer? What type? Who? All that stuff.
If you lived where he does, you might. Heck, he might not even have been on retainer, he might just be someone the guy knows from the range, church, or somewhere else. I don't keep an attorney on retainer, but I know some whom I could call in a pinch like that.

Soothsayer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be that the jackboots were just itching to trample on someone's rights, but my guess would be that there is some kind of custody dispute (or other family disagreement) going on here. There may be more to the story than what is on that forum. I don't know about NJ or Del. or anywhere else, but many times DHS is called in with some kind of phony complaint against the other parent to boost a custody/support claim. It is sick, but happens all the time. That would also explain why he has an attorney on speed dial. But, whatever is going on, that should be a lesson to not post pics of your kids or any real personal information on social media.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i like how he states that "most wouldn't have stood up like he did". whaaaat, come to my house and try that.

It is amazing how deeply ingrained into society the "need" to satisfy an authority figure when one gets up in your grill. You'd be amazed at what people will tell me with simply a look. Fortunately for them, I'm not out to hang paper on anyone, unless they lie to me and are generally a d-bag. :)

I'm not sure of just who it is, but there is one law instructor that teaches at H&H (I think) that is an attorney. If I remember right, and that is always a question considering my age, he may represent anyone that is willing to pay a retainer. I'm not sure whether he would work as quickly for someone that simply wanted his services after an event. In either case, hopefully someone here will chime in and tell us who it is.

That would be Doug Friesen. If you're a serious gun aficionado, his counter-assault on the BATFE should be required reading.

The Law Offices of Doug Friesen, P.C.

1309 North Shartel Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73103
Office (405) 239-2722
Fax (405) 235-2453

THE Case: United States of America, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Larry Douglas Friesen, Defendant-Appellee., 853 F.2d 816 (10th Cir. 1988)

Federal Circuits

Docket Number: 88-1189

Reporting Judge: 97 A.L.R.Fed. 647

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-atf-folded-friesen-case

Latest posts

Top Bottom