I think I want a Ruger Mk IV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
180 rds thru mine today, only have 9 mags for it.. Plus a couple others went bang today.. 5.5 plain Jane but just that little extra length seems to give it more punch then the other 2 on steel plates.. Excellent .22 even if it doesn't hold 16 rds..
20191222_164554.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a MK IV shortly after they first came out. I put the Volquartsen Trigger Accurizing kit in it after having it for a few months and it went from being a good pistol to being an excellent pistol. That kit is worth every penny too, it makes a world of difference, for me anyway. As far as take down and cleaning...it's a YUGE improvement. Oh I know, some of you guys put a Monarch Kit or whatever that thingy is in your old beater MK IIs and IIIs but this MK IV is a marvelously designed and built piece. All you gotta do is clear the mag and chamber, put the pistol on SAFE, push the button, pop off the barrel, slide the bolt out, wipey-wipey, and done.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya see, I have a Buckmark or two and love 'em. I also like crazy long barrel pistols...so learned about the Buckmark Silhouette with a 10" barrel on it. Now I see the new Mk IV with a 10" so I'm thinking about trying a Ruger out.
I guess we will see which I find first :D