I want a Mauser again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told Royal tiger doesnt exactly have good stuff

I have no experience with them since they were interordnace back in the early 2010s. Keep in mind those came from Ethiopia. Get on the empire arms mailing list. Dennis Kroh was at the big show and was buying. I bet he will be posting a new one soon. He doesn't sell junk.

Bill_Long_Tan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The turks are still affordable, although it may be a long wait for them to be collectable.
However I said similar things about chinese AKs years ago when they were 200 bucks fresh off the boat ...

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned a lot of mausers and the reality is that most of them have ugly bores. The rifling will be dark. The wood stocks will be dark and banged up possibly with cracks.
That being said the worst condition Mauser I’ve owned was a Turkish Mauser. I will never buy another one.
The yugos aren’t bad but some folks frown on them.
Your best bet is to get a Mauser from a non ww2 participant. Swiss for example. They didn’t party with the rest of the world and they seemed to take care of their rifles better.

Avoid Turkish mausers

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned a lot of mausers and the reality is that most of them have ugly bores. The rifling will be dark. The wood stocks will be dark and banged up possibly with cracks.
That being said the worst condition Mauser I’ve owned was a Turkish Mauser. I will never buy another one.
The yugos aren’t bad but some folks frown on them.
Your best bet is to get a Mauser from a non ww2 participant. Swiss for example. They didn’t party with the rest of the world and they seemed to take care of their rifles better.

Avoid Turkish mausers
If I ever come across a Swiss Mauser I'll buy it.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You realize there are no Swiss Mausers, don't you? K-31s, 96/11s etc..are fine rifles. Not Mausers or even similar though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom