ICS 800x powder issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone used this for .45 acp? we made a batch of 50 through the progressive loader and every bullet was a different weight so we had to load another 50 one at a time. has anyone else ran into this problem and is there a solution that you may know of when using the loader or do i have to load each one at a time? Its really big flakes compared to bullseye which has almost no problems in the loader

Thanks

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What dispenser are you using and does it have a baffle in it?
Are you weighing the loaded round and find different weights?

If yes the brass may weigh different as may the bullets.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were using a Hornaday Ap to load these with. The powder dispenser had the pistol rotor in it. I suspect the large flakes were at times bridging, hence the inconsistent loads. I have the other rotor which has a larger diameter hole for the powder to flow into, maybe it will work. I loaded a test batch by hand to see what amount of powder to use as I have never used IMR 800x before.

cj599

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy at h&h recommended 800x for my .40sw wish I would have looked at the load chart I would have stuck with unique or power pistol

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

OEFVETERAN2010

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the hornady lnl ap press have to use small flake powder not large and not stick powder. I run mine thru a rcbs chargemaster 6.6 gr 800x 230gr bullet for the 45 acp now I do run longshot powder thru my hornady press and have no problem at all

malbrour

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently used 800x in 9mm. It shoots ok, but not crazy about it. The discs don't meter well and it's a bit dirty for pistol. I reloaded some more with Titegroup, which was much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom