If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in the rubber/steel industry for 10 years. After enough up/down cycles, never-ending threat of layoff, and several actual layoffs, I finally said "fu!ck this" in 2007. Decided to learn something that would allow me to work anywhere in the world, for the rest of my life, without those issues. The high wages were not worth the instability, for me. It's a big world, and there's lots of cool **** to do, especially if you get out of Oklahoma. If something isn't working out, pack up your horse and doggie show and do something else. Yeah, your standard of living will have to substantially change for a bit, but it's well worth it.
Same here.
I went back to school at my own expense.
Well, part of it was my expense and part was paid for through a job retraining program that my previous employer had funded.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burying people pays well.

It sure does. My parents have some friends that do this. They're good folk, but the whole thing still creeps me out.

One of my favorite writers likened them to vampires and had his buddies bury him in the desert. I want something like that.

www.rogerwendell.com_images_memorials_memorials_ed_abbey.jpg

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sure does. My parents have some friends that do this. They're good folk, but the whole think still creeps me out.

One of my favorite writers likened them to vampires and had his buddies bury him in the desert. I want something like that.

www.rogerwendell.com_images_memorials_memorials_ed_abbey.jpg
The in thing now is "sky burial".
Doesn't get any easier or cheaper than that.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here.
I went back to school at my own expense.
Well, part of it was my expense and part was paid for through a job retraining program that my previous employer had funded.

Average incomes have gone up approximately 500% since 1970. In that same span, however, the cost of basic household goods has gone up 482%, the cost of a four year education has gone up 994%, and the cost of an average home has gone up 917%.

Luckily I can make up for it by saving my extra gas money each month. Thank ya, mista boss man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom